Predict tomorrow's selection blunder(s)

We all know this TM consistently manages to * up team selection especially in overseas tests.

I'll start with a couple:

1. Jadeja to be benched and either Vihari will play as extra batsman or we'll go with 4 quicks (4 #11s :cantstop:). This might well be the biggest selection blunder in the history of Indian cricket. 

2. Siraj won't play. Shami to start, if we go with 4 quicks both Shami and Umesh will start. 

Surely Kohli won't select Saha for his pure keeping abilities after what Pant did in Aus, surely?

Edited by Gollum

Would be massive if they drop Jadeja.  Tbh with Shardul out we know chances of this happening are quite low.  But we know Kaptaan is as clueless as they come. 

I don't think Kohli has the balls to drop Shami over Siraj.  I would be very surprised if Siraj is preffered. 

See india are not fools to play with ashwin plus 4 quicks. Ashwin’s batting has been patchy.. so if jadeja gets dropped it will be for extra batsman vihari which is ludicrous enough as jadeja more experienced than vihari and a better average . I cant believe we will have 4 no 11s and 1 no 8 in ashwin in lineup.. 

So we have 2 conditions dependent spinners + Shami, who can be on and off in Eng … Bumrah can crack under pressure so again have to see which one turns up 

Anyways, hope that the pitch has something for spin 

35 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

E4FqyvtVoAYa5_I?format=jpg&name=4096x409

So No siraj:facepalm:

Shami over Siraj is not that big a blunder, its 50-50, It can go either way, It might also work in our favour, though Shami's biggest problem is his fitness, but on his day he could be as lethal as Dale Steyn, Siraj on the other hand will surely feature sometime in the series against England, he's the future of Indian Test Attack. Good to see Ashwin-Jaddu, strengthens our Lower order batting and will surely trouble the kiwis with the ball. 

Edited by Sean Bradley
4 hours ago, Gollum said:

We all know this TM consistently manages to * up team selection especially in overseas tests.

I'll start with a couple:

1. Jadeja to be benched and either Vihari will play as extra batsman or we'll go with 4 quicks (4 #11s :cantstop:). This might well be the biggest selection blunder in the history of Indian cricket. 

2. Siraj won't play. Shami to start, if we go with 4 quicks both Shami and Umesh will start. 

Surely Kohli won't select Saha for his pure keeping abilities after what Pant did in Aus, surely?

Chalo not a complete * up. 

Happy that Jaddu, Pant are playing. And no Umesh!!!!

When we had to play Shami ( CT 17 F, WC 19 SF) he was warming the bench. When it is better to keep him on the bench TM plays him ahead of Siraj :facepalm: