" Seniority " over " Current Ability ", as the main selection criterion, is preventing Team India from realizing its true potential

16 hours ago, Frustrated said:

Getting eliminated in the group stage will not bring any dramatic change.   We got eliminated in group stage of WT20 2021 in the most embarrassing manner (110 AO).  But then the same top order (rohit, kohli, KL) and almost the same middle order played in WT20 2022.  Bowlers also were almost the same.  Bhuvi & Shami....LOL...    I think the only way there would be drastic change is if a larger chunk of our population decide to boycott Indian cricket completely.   Drastic reduction in viewership will bring down bcci's revenue.  I can already see IPeeL not getting the same attention any more among the youth.  

Seriously! After the debacle last year, I thought we were going to see big changes this time but the selections were troll like, dashing all hopes even before the WC began. IPL is massively popular among youth and old for another reason - massive illegal betting. People lose lakhs even crores based on the false belief that "setting" is done and the result they are betting on is the chosen one. Remember the betting controversy with Vindoo Dara Singh, Arbaaz Khan, Mr Shilpa Shetty etc? I have heard of betting mafiosi allotting territories to eager newbie bookies, like a franchise of sorts. Middle class and lower middle class folk borrow money to bet on IPL, hoping to clear off their earlier debts with the winnings!

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Please I will  not only undertake in providing you a masterclass on Exercise physiology, nutrition and performance, I will highlight to you the errors in your understanding, all day, every day, 7 days a week.

You make it sound so simple how muscles are built and therefore demonstrated to me the clear lack of understanding and comprehension in this area.

Building muscle and endurance involves a myriad of variables. It if was that easy, every single person including Indians would be well built with endurance.

Your understanding actually amplified and resolved for me why Indians have failed to physically advance and also why Indians in Australia have failed to progress in the gym and almost always invariably fail and give up.

So much so, that "Gym Fails In India" is often a source of ridicule and laughter for Westerners. If you dont believe google it and be amazed at the abundance of stupidity by Indians in the gym. Its little no wonder they fail to physically develop, aside from looking pregnant from overeating.

thanks to their role model, Fatty McFats (Rohit), a lot of people are trending in this direction - gone are the days of having at least some degree of fitness when Brat was around

28 minutes ago, Vijy said:

thanks to their role model, Fatty McFats (Rohit), a lot of people are trending in this direction - gone are the days of having at least some degree of fitness when Brat was around

Nothing to do with vRat. Rohit got fatter. Pant got into the team during virat and getting fatter each day. Shardul was also playing during Vrat reign and he is also getting fatter. Ashwin revived his career to a certain extent again during Vrat and now getting fatter each day. Chahal drafted during virat regime.

Rohit hasn't drafted a single unfit player. 

4 hours ago, Pollack said:

Nothing to do with vRat. Rohit got fatter. Pant got into the team during virat and getting fatter each day. Shardul was also playing during Vrat reign and he is also getting fatter. Ashwin revived his career to a certain extent again during Vrat and now getting fatter each day. Chahal drafted during virat regime.

It’s just pathetic they are earning millions of $$ and can’t put te bare minimum effort of keeping themselves fit.

2 hours ago, IndianRenegade said:

It’s just pathetic they are earning millions of $$ and can’t put te bare minimum effort of keeping themselves fit.

Exactly, why should they work hard if they are getting millions of dollars' on platter.

for e.g  A player like Shardul will work his ass off if he doesn't have a comfort of IPL. Now, with $$$ flying, there is no real motivations for these guys to excel and chase excellence.

12 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Please I will  not only undertake in providing you a masterclass on Exercise physiology, nutrition and performance, I will highlight to you the errors in your understanding, all day, every day, 7 days a week.

You make it sound so simple how muscles are built and therefore demonstrated to me the clear lack of understanding and comprehension in this area.

Building muscle and endurance involves a myriad of variables. It if was that easy, every single person including Indians would be well built with endurance.

Your understanding actually amplified and resolved for me why Indians have failed to physically advance and also why Indians in Australia have failed to progress in the gym and almost always invariably fail and give up.

So much so, that "Gym Fails In India" is often a source of ridicule and laughter for Westerners. If you dont believe google it and be amazed at the abundance of stupidity by Indians in the gym. Its little no wonder they fail to physically develop, aside from looking pregnant from overeating.

Well but you have  demonstrated is just a stereotype  or complete lack of knowledge . Before you comment here , just look on you tube or Facebook the Indian  bodybuilders or Indians in gym , you will be shell shocked to see their rip bodies and power .  if you still need a class on body then check the transformation of Amit Khan or any other bolllywood actor that will pretty much clear your doubt . 

In regards to people in foreign countries , most of  people are working 10-15 hours a day  plus family commitments . They may not have time to attend the gym . it is also very natural to have dad bod in middle age and do it happens in every nationality .  On their hand , 40% of security guard work done by Indians in those countries . 

For you clarification ,  I do little bit of a gym and  pretty much assure you that I can do 10 reps of 90 kg bench press of people like you . It's not much but it's not bad considering that I started at 30kg . I hope this PE lesson find you well . 

11 hours ago, Pollack said:

they are getting fatter during Rohit era. Pant reduced his weight during Aus tour 20-21. Shardul also wasnt this fat.

8 hours ago, Lord said:

they are getting fatter during Rohit era. Pant reduced his weight during Aus tour 20-21. Shardul also wasnt this fat.

Hitman is the Buffet Captain, he is leading by example. Of course the example he sets will be followed by others.

To be honest, I have more respect for some of our "malnourished" players than the pregnant ones. Both are bad states of condition to be in, but at least with malnourished players you have the ability through diet and training to build them up. The pregnant players wont lose the weight, its just too hard to achieve.

Pant only dropped a few kilos in Australia, he was still pregnant.

23 hours ago, Pollack said:

perhaps he hasn't, but he seems to be teaching all the current ones how to put on weight

1 minute ago, putrevus said:

Other than Dhawan . there is no senior who needs to be given a boot in ODI lineup. Why are people so frustrated about some meaningless odi series.

If it is such a meaningless ODI why Rohit and Kohli is playing, they should have been rested like they were in last few series. This series is meant to be rehearsal for world cup check the statements of our seniors.