'We can pick two more teams and win any competition in the world': Hardik Pandya

sage

23 minutes ago, Norman said:

These mofos don't deserve even 0.5% of the money, fame and adulation that they get. Bunch of overpaid scumbags with inflated egos... 

All thanks to the cancer that is IPL. :money:

Worst time ever to be an indian cricket fan. 

Vast majority of their earnings are through IPL. A format where we absolutely suck in world events. WE are doing well in Tests thanks to "bowling unit". The day seamers go missing we will become the worst Test side overnight as our batting sucks big time in Tests.

35 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Vast majority of their earnings are through IPL. A format where we absolutely suck in world events. WE are doing well in Tests thanks to "bowling unit". The day seamers go missing we will become the worst Test side overnight as our batting sucks big time in Tests.

IPL's financial explosion in 2018 (thanks to Star's enormous broadcast deal) has changed Indian cricket forever. And not in a good way I'm afraid. It was huge before as well, but those astronomical $$$ numbers paid by star has completely changed the mentality of administrators and players. 

There's a general sense of arrogance, self-importance and greed that has creeped into Indian cricket which was never seen before. Higher ups at the BCCI care more about the IPL than the national team and players no longer are hungry to perform and give their all for the country knowing filly well a couple of fluke IPL seasons can pretty much secure their financial position for the rest of their lives. 

It's time for us fans to finally stop caring and investing our time and emotions on these guys. I have definitely done that after the WC19 debacle and all these defeats have stopped stinging as much as they should. 

10 minutes ago, Norman said:

IPL's financial explosion in 2018 (thanks to Star's enormous broadcast deal) has changed Indian cricket forever. And not in a good way I'm afraid. It was huge before as well, but those astronomical $$$ numbers paid by star has completely changed the mentality of administrators and players. 

There's a general sense of arrogance, self-importance and greed that has creeped into Indian cricket which was never seen before. Higher ups at the BCCI care more about the IPL than the national team and players no longer are hungry to perform and give their all for the country knowing filly well a couple of fluke IPL seasons can pretty much secure their financial position for the rest of their lives. 

It's time for us fans to finally stop caring and investing our time and emotions on these guys. I have definitely done that after the WC19 debacle and all these defeats have stopped stinging as much as they should. 

yes Unadkat getting 11 crores,  Gautam getting 9 croresThese are mind boggling investments. I am not sure how major sports leagues drafting happens. I am sure the money you pay is relative to the worth of players.  This is a freaking lottery.  Utterly useless guys have made so much money in IPL

Varun chakarvarathy's net worth is 15 to 20crores now. It is mind boggling. Either they should abolish international T20 and restrict only to leagues or take it seriously.

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Humility of Dravid/Laxman/Sachin while playing  is missing these days. DO you see Kane williamson yapping like this in the interviews?

he's copying black rapper culture type arrogance. looks more to US/Caribbean for inspiration 

I blame selectors who keep on selected this mediocre cricketer. Only words no show. But what can u expect if they preferred ipl over country’s reputation like for eg recent test vs england. Its rotten with politics from top to bottom. We need reform of cricket structure by indulging only retired cricketers.