T20 WC squad announced

Gollum

Core of :mi: and :dc:, 2 of the best IPL sides since 2020!!!!

Rohit

SKY

Ishan

Hardik

R Chahar

Bumrah

Pant

Axar

Ashwin

Iyer in standby

More than half the squad.

Let our great houses unite to bring home the cup, extending Olive branch to my Bambi frenemies like @Mariyam, @asterix, @Laaloo, @zen, we can always fight later. Promise to not make fun of your side this edition. MI-DC friendship zindabad. Country needs us to forget our differences and unite for a greater cause. 

china test GIF

Glad to see Ashwin in the squad, but feel a bit bad for Chahal.

I think dropping Krunal is a mistake, especially since the WC is in UAE.  The Varuns and Chahars do not offer batting, neither does Ashwin.  

What this means is that Jadeja is the only spin bowling 'all rounder' for the team.  Jadeja and T20 WCs have a really, really bad history.  This does not give me a good feeling at all.

One of Deepak C or Shardul T should have been in 15 man squad. Probably in place of Shami.

Good to see No Chahal. His fielding is awful and bowling is average too.

Axar was required?? Maybe as all-rounder spot if Jaddu is injured but I don't mind. I thought he will be in standby. He gets in there in 15 man team, probably in place of Washington.

2 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Glad to see Ashwin in the squad, but feel a bit bad for Chahal.

I think dropping Krunal is a mistake, especially since the WC is in UAE.  The Varuns and Chahars do not offer batting, neither does Ashwin.  

What this means is that Jadeja is the only spin bowling 'all rounder' for the team.  Jadeja and T20 WCs have a really, really bad history.  This does not give me a good feeling at all.

Bhai, don't underestimate Axar Patel. Better package than Jaddu, Krunal in this format, in these conditions.