Official: Virat Kohli to step down from captaincy after T20 WC

puneet28

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

In football, trophies happen every year. In cricket, Kohli has only captained in 2 trophies in six year CT 2017 and WC 2019. Reached final in one of them. Don't give much importance to trophies. Focus should be on winning as many matches as possible.

At international level it's every 2 years at best and you have to qualify to play in a tournament. 

In cricket it's much easier when there is no qualification and competition is so limited.

There is no long term captaincy candidates at the moment,Rohit should have been loi captain long before and they should have readied someone younger by now to take the mantle from him  after WC23,in simple words someone younger should have been appointed vc 

Hardik Pandyas indifferent form and injury concerns too have made selectors job difficult,i thought they were looking a potential leader in him for future

Pandya in t20s won't be bad,lets see how he does this ipl and wt20

2 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

TOI has just ripped Kolli apart in recent article lmao:hysterical:  Seems like BCCI is ready to bitch slap him for good. 

Im worried about the younger lot,Kohli,Dhoni both have set wrong precedent in front of them,that,how to abuse power and play politics and how to use your pr machinery to the fullest and consolidate your power and position

Going forward Captains shouldn't be bestowed with so much power to abuse,a performance audit should be excercised in every 18 months to 24 months time

9 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

TOI has just ripped Kolli apart in recent article lmao:hysterical:  Seems like BCCI is ready to bitch slap him for good. 

I actually opened TOI on my own volition in a long time as your statement made me curious. I believe you were alluding to this article: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/news/with-dressing-room-drifting-away-virat-kohli-quits-t20-captaincy-but-it-might-not-safeguard-50-over-leadership/articleshow/86266442.cms

Some highlights:

"Beyond the ground, Kohli is literally incommunicado," a former India player, who has seen Kohli's early days of captaincy, told PTI during an informal chat.

"He speaks about communication at media conferences but this is the truth that he has hardly hand-held any player when they needed their captain the most," another cricketer, who is privy to Kohli's chop-and-change policy, said.

However, it is reliably learnt that it might not happen as in the past few months, Kohli has managed to alienate more people -- the players, the support staff, the national selectors and last but not the least the board mandarins.

Edited by sorak
glammar
3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Im worried about the younger lot,Kohli,Dhoni both have set wrong precedent in front of them,that,how to abuse power and play politics and how to use your pr machinery to the fullest and consolidate your power and position

Going forward Captains shouldn't be bestowed with so much power to abuse,a performance audit should be excercised in every 18 months to 24 months time

Yup. Indian captains historically have never been as powerful as Dhoni and Kohli had been. They utterly dominated the scene, picking the players they want, coaches they want, even firing commentators who didn't speak well of them. Wrong precendent has been set.