Why people show off so much in Social Media?

Austin 3:!6

Let it be Facebook, Insta or Tik Tok...all I see people are acting fake, trying to show off and act like celebrities.

Extra layers of filtering on photos which results in a fake profile pic far away from reality. Then wait for the likes and comments with bated breath...ewww.

Letting the world know every time they check into an airport or buy a new phone.

Putting absurd tik tok videos and acting like a model which they clearly are not.

Some even tries to act fake intellectuals and gives gyan about FDIs or Stock Markets.

Someone like me who has grown up in 90s, when everything was so genuine and realistic, I find this current social media age so fake.

What you guys think?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

On 10/13/2021 at 1:36 PM, ash said:

Not a big deal tbh. Let them do what makes them happy. Some people need validation from the society to feel happy.  Nothing wrong in that

I agree. Man is a social animal. Seeking societal validation via online media is a

manifestation of that. At-least to impress others people travel for vacations and eat healthy and exercise to look good in pics. 

I am absolutely fine with vacation pictures ( pre digital people used to show pics post developing ). I am also fine with pics or post on hobbies / passion like a friend post pics everytime he goes hiking but those fake post on how much you care for stray dogs etc etc are a bit much for my liking.

7 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

I am absolutely fine with vacation pictures ( pre digital people used to show pics post developing ). I am also fine with pics or post on hobbies / passion like a friend post pics everytime he goes hiking but those fake post on how much you care for stray dogs etc etc are a bit much for my liking.

That's called Virtue Signaling

On 10/15/2021 at 12:21 PM, jf1gp_1 said:

This stray dog menace in India is getting out of hand. A pack of strays mauled a baby (laborer's kid) in Noida, the dog lovers chased away the dog catchers, some of them used to feed them regularly, probably to show off on SM how compassionate they are. Fuc king stupid people.

12 minutes ago, diga said:

Cant get my head around this statement that "the child had no business being unsupervised" 

Fack elites, if they love dogs, let them shelter these wild animals in their  homes. They come and feed meat and leftover food on the street and turn them into a pack of rabid dogs. Human life has no value for them.

Edited by coffee_rules

I can see putting out a dance video for entertainment etc. to be acceptable. What you are eating at a fancy restaurant makes no sense. I really don't care. If Kriti goes to Paris and posts her pictures near Eiffel Tower, I could care less. If she poses in swimsuit I probably will enjoy it.