BJP won’t go anywhere for next many decades, says Prashant Kishor; takes swipe at Rahul Gandhi

Austin 3:!6

Political strategist says once you secure 30 per cent-plus votes at India-level, you are not going away in a hurry.

Poll strategist Prashant Kishor, who is currently lobbying for the Trinamool Congress (TMC) for the upcoming Goa Assembly elections, has said the BJP will remain at the centre of Indian politics and will not go anywhere for the “next many decades” irrespective of whether it wins or loses.

He also took a swipe at Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for “thinking” that people will throw the BJP away immediately.

A video clip of Kishor saying this during a private meeting in Goa has gone viral.

A senior leader of the Indian Political Action Committee (I-PAC), a group led by Kishor, confirmed that the video was from a private meeting held on Wednesday in the state.

Reacting to the statement, the Congress in Goa accused the TMC of entering the poll fray in the state in order to “divide secular votes and give mileage to the ruling BJP”, and also alleged that Kishor’s remarks exposed Mamata Banerjee-led party’s agenda.  

In the video, Kishor is heard saying, “BJP is going to be the centre of Indian polity...whether they win, whether they lose, like it was for the first 40 years for Congress, BJP is going nowhere.” 

“Once you secure 30 per cent plus votes at the India-level, you are not going away in a hurry. So, do not ever get into this trap that people are getting angry and they will throw away (PM Narendra) Modi,” he added.

“Maybe, they will throw away Modi, but BJP is not going anywhere. They are going to be here, you have to fight it out for the next many decades. It’s not going in a hurry,” Kishor said.

Referring to Rahul Gandhi, he said, “That is where the problem lies with Rahul Gandhi. Probably, he thinks it’s just a matter of time that people will throw him (Modi) away. That’s not happening.”

Slamming the TMC after Kishor’s remarks, Goa Pradesh Congress Committee chief Girish Chodankar said, “Since last one month TMC landed in Goa. I have always said that @AmitShah and #ED were behind sending TMC to Goa. Now, their strategist whose services are hired has confirmed my apprehensions when he said BJP is here to stay. #TMC is here to divide the votes. TMC Agenda stands exposed.” 

Later, he also issued a statement in which he said that time and again, he has been saying that Amit Shah and the ED were behind the ‘Operation Goa’ of the TMC to divide secular votes and give mileage to the BJP.

BJP won’t go anywhere for next many decades, says Prashant Kishor; takes swipe at Rahul Gandhi : The Tribune India

I think TMC strategy is actually very sound.

What they want to do firstly is attain national party status. For which they need to be a major presence (more than 10% of the vote) in 3-5 states. Prior to Mukul roy defecting to the BJP this was the plan in the north east. Its just that Sarma just took over the TMC in all these states and he is a much bigger fish there.

So TMC will target these smaller states and become a national party. They are also sending a message to the Gandhis that if you ignore me, it will cost you electorally.

BJP too in 80s targeted smaller states to ensure they become a national party quickly.

On 10/30/2021 at 4:04 PM, coffee_rules said:

They always accuse each other of being BJP B team. And what TF  are secular votes? They are still in denial since the 90s

Secular Votes = Votes of people who fail to realize the threat to CIvilization + Votes of people who actively want to destroy our civilization

I have respect for the latter, nothing but utter contempt for the former. 

TMC will never be a national party. I would accept any party - Congress, AAP, RJD, BJD anyone but TMC. I dont even consider TMC as a political party, its just a congregation of bunch of goons which in many other countries would have been banned long time ago due to fringe activities.

BJP is anyway not going anywhere but even if they do...anyone but TMC. I would even take Rakesh Tikat's annadata party which he will form very soon over TMC :giggle:

1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

I think TMC strategy is actually very sound.

What they want to do firstly is attain national party status. For which they need to be a major presence (more than 10% of the vote) in 3-5 states. Prior to Mukul roy defecting to the BJP this was the plan in the north east. Its just that Sarma just took over the TMC in all these states and he is a much bigger fish there.

So TMC will target these smaller states and become a national party. They are also sending a message to the Gandhis that if you ignore me, it will cost you electorally.

BJP too in 80s targeted smaller states to ensure they become a national party quickly.

Yeah. The strategy is sound but product is wrong. Why would anyone from Goa take a party from bengal seriously ? Not to mention this what BJP wants. Get her to focus outside Bengal. 

BJP doesn't has a cult figure beyond Modi & succession can get messy.  Congress has a big threat from AAP overall...  And is in a precarious position.  But won't die that soon. 

Defeating BJP at center level won't be easy & I hope we never see a jugadu govt...  India will always benefit from a majority govt. 

At state level though I hope Opposition parties keep on the heat.  Either or AAP or Congis or whoever the f***...  That's how smoothly we can keep the circus going.