Big natural hitters: It seems it depend upon the diet of nation

Alam_dar

India has problem in finding out power hitter. 

Pakistan also has the same problem. Although Pakistan had Asif, but he is not reliable enough. 

Bangladesh is also suffering from the same problem. 

In Pakistan, especially the Karachi batsmen are also suffering from this same problem. 

The only thing which is common among them, is the diet. 

West Indies of the past had huge cricketers like Garner etc. They still have it and they are producing great power hitters. 

And now Afghanistan has showed this talent. 

Power hitting comes automatically with the physical health. Just look at Yuvraj Singh. 

==========

If I am not making a mistake, then I think that the staple diet of West Indians was Cassava and Tapioca Roti.  It has changed in the last few decades, but still it seems that Tapioca Roti is very good for the digestive system as compared to Rice. 

And welcome to the Afghan Cuisine. I really like the Afghan dishes. They are simple, tasty and extremely healthy. They are similar to Uzbek (Central Asia) cousine and all of them are very healthy. 

While Indian/Pakistani Cuisine is full of OILY foods, and also mostly one sided. That is people are only eating Dal/Chawal or Dal/Roti. And other favourite things are pakoda, samossa, which are again not healthy. There are hardly any green raw  Salads (but mostly pickles, which are again not so healthy)

The 3rd and 4th generations of Japanese and Chinese in USA have wider eyes and they are taller than their ancestors, and they are becoming more and more resemble to Americans. 

Pakistan and Afghanistan have common border, but their diet is totally different. 

Too much masalas let people to eat more than their natural hunger. Over use of the masalas is also not good for the digestion. 

Until every single member of this site accepts that Bakis have some special Arabic mumbo jumbo genes that make them a special superiors race than the so called daal chawal/Sambar rice eater Endians, he is not going to pardon us.

Pata nahi $hutiya world is still stuck with 6th Gen warfare and $hit. But ISI of bakis is god knows on 7th, 8th gen torture-fare. This site is doomed. We all are doomed.

Edited by dial_100

Long arms leverage, Kapil, UV, Yousuf Pathan are tall by Indian standards and they were excellent hitters. This is what we associate with typical West Indian hitter. Problem is with selectors, they are pushing same technique and players with similar physical attributes into playing XI. 

Then you have timing six hitters like Ganguly, Rohit.

Fitness is not looking hollywood fit, modern Indian cricketers are too obsessed with looks. Sachin was always pudgy but he was a very strong lad, he really cherished sea food.

7 minutes ago, velu said:

south korean women are taller than north Korean men 

/

Most probably it also lies in the diet. 

The diet of south koreans is much better as compared to the North Korea. 

Moreover, do you know that China and Japan and Korea didn't drink milk of cow for thousands of years. They drank only mother milk as infants. Most probably, that is why they were shorter in length than other nations. 

But the situation has changed in the 20th century, and Chinese/Japanese/Koreans have also started drinking cow milk even as adults. Due to this, their younger generation are increasing in height. 

Look at this study (link): 

According to the study on the change of the average height of men and women in 200 countries from 1914 to 2014 at the Europe Science Open Forum in 2016, South Korea marked the largest height increase among the countries over the last century. During the period, the height of South Korean women rose 20.1 centimeters to 162.3 centimeters, while men’s average height increased 15.1 centimeters to 174.9 centimeters. 

The report also showed that the height of men and women in North Korea, too, increased considerably. In 1914, North Korean women were even taller than women in South Korea, standing at 149.1 centimeters tall on average. In 2014, the height of North Korean men and women rose to 172 centimeters and 159 centimeters, respectively. Still, they both are shorter than their South Korean counterparts. 

5 hours ago, MechEng said:

@Alam_dar I have different take on pakoda, samosas, naan and etc. They are counted as unhealthy foods today but it used to be a part of regular diet for people living in medieval era who were physically much fitter than us.

This I really didn't imagine. 

I thought that our Indian forefathers lived relatively very simple life and their food was very pure. They didn't use the unhealthy banaspati ghee etc. but consumed only healthy desi ghee. 

I think professional cricketers get the best diet they can get anywhere.  

Thing is about batswing & hitting talent.  Most of Indo Pak batters are good timers of cricket balls compared to overseas players.  But their reflexes are poor to pull off unconventional strokes like scoops & reverse sweeps consistently. 

Also their batswing is poor.  Balance is also a crucial aspect. 

Afghans have similar issues but they have better batswing than us I think. 

3 hours ago, Alam_dar said:

This I really didn't imagine. 

I thought that our Indian forefathers lived relatively very simple life and their food was very pure. They didn't use the unhealthy banaspati ghee etc. but consumed only healthy desi ghee. 

You don't need banaspati ghee for samosas all the time. If you read the history of samosas it was brought by Mongol warriors to subcontinent, and they were certainly fit.