Jump to content
vvvslaxman

Ishan Kishan: 'I lost my focus trying to finish games rather than giving good starts'

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Everyone want to become Rohit, Kohli, KL...no one is ready to do the dirty job that Pant, Pandya, DK, SKY try to do.
No wonder, most of our batters taste success only if they bat at top 3. The minute they are moved to 4,5 or 6....it's all doomed.

Kishan is lucky that there aren't many young keepers performing consistently, so he's an automatic No. 2 after Pant (assuming KL not behind the wickets).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Majestic said:

Finishing the game? Which opener plans for that and honestly how many games did he gave a good start to plan for closing off the games.

He started of the season looking for the consecutive 50s record( Had 4 or 5 of them iirc). Its not about finishing or anything it was about individual stats, everyone in Indian cricket is obsessed with them and his game showed he was playing for himself.

 

Unfortunately for him, his weaknesses which are ample of them, were picked on by the opponents. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, maniac said:

Kishen is talented but clearly can tell he has made no significant progress over the last 2-3 years. He will get by talent for 2-3 more years but concerned he won’t be able to go to that next level like a Kohli or even a Rahul.

The 2nd or 3 rd season if you are anyone worth your salt is where you get brutally tested and exposed. Till now he has had an easy ride. 

Guy is a good spin basher but struggles against pace. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

The 2nd or 3 rd season if you are anyone worth your salt is where you get brutally tested and exposed. Till now he has had an easy ride. 

Guy is a good spin basher but struggles against pace. 

He struggles against offies . His problem is adapatbility , u need to adapt to different conditions n pitches......he bats everywhere as if he is batting on the flattest deck on earth. 

He needs to learn to respect, conditions, pitches and bowlers who are bowling. Attacking players like him can covers it in matters of few overs specially picking on one of opposition bowler. Gayle, Dhoni, Butler all these guys have done that for years , even if u look at hardik, butler this season they have picked on inexperienced bowlers to go after, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He struggles against offies . His problem is adapatbility , u need to adapt to different conditions n pitches......he bats everywhere as if he is batting on the flattest deck on earth. 

He needs to learn to respect, conditions, pitches and bowlers who are bowling. Attacking players like him can covers it in matters of few overs specially picking on one of opposition bowler. Gayle, Dhoni, Butler all these guys have done that for years , even if u look at hardik, butler this season they have picked on inexperienced bowlers to go after, 


His batting is too one dimensional at the moment. What I have noticed is his range has gotten lesser. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

To an extent, I feel both Ishan Kishan and Rishabh Pant are trying to outdo each other in terms of hitting ability.
Kishan till 2020, remained under the shadows of Pant. When you are being compared to each other consistently, it's natural to be wary of each other.
 

Then in IPL 2020, Kishan got the breakout season with MI while Pant struggled in that IPL, Kishan was in the lead for the first time and he was close to grab the keeper spot from Saha, but then Gabba happened and Pant left everyone to dust.

Kishan is heavily backed by Rohit and MI and got an easier position to bat, and it must be in his mind to topple Pant from automatic choice wkt. So he is trying to outbat him by trying to score bit (even if at a lower SR) just like KL Rahul. Where, unfortunately he might be struggling as playing slow is not his natural game.

Edited by singhvivek141
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:


Kishan is heavily backed by Rohit and MI and got an easier position to bat, and it must be in his mind to topple Pant from automatic choice wkt. So he is trying to outbat him by trying to score bit (even if at a lower SR) just like KL Rahul. Where, unfortunately he might be struggling as playing slow is not his natural game.


Agree with most of your post but difference between guys like Rahul or even Gill and Kishen is they looks like they are in control when playing slow. Sure, it may be counterproductive and useless in T20 but they look set and steady. Guys like Kishen never look set or in control. Most of their lower strike rates knocks are because of a lot of wafts and misses and technical inadequacies while facing certain bowling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

To an extent, I feel both Ishan Kishan and Rishabh Pant are trying to outdo each other in terms of hitting ability.
Kishan till 2020, remained under the shadows of Pant. When you are being compared to each other consistently, it's natural to be wary of each other.
 

Then in IPL 2020, Kishan got the breakout season with MI while Pant struggled in that IPL, Kishan was in the lead for the first time and he was close to grab the keeper spot from Saha, but then Gabba happened and Pant left everyone to dust.

Kishan is heavily backed by Rohit and MI and got an easier position to bat, and it must be in his mind to topple Pant from automatic choice wkt. So he is trying to outbat him by trying to score bit (even if at a lower SR) just like KL Rahul. Where, unfortunately he might be struggling as playing slow is not his natural game.

last thing he shud do is look at KL............coz KL is techincally sound and he has range as well with shots so can cover it up as well 

Kishen shud stick to his strengths which is attacking fire by fire but ofcourse he needs to still adapt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2022 at 6:21 AM, maniac said:


Agree with most of your post but difference between guys like Rahul or even Gill and Kishen is they looks like they are in control when playing slow. Sure, it may be counterproductive and useless in T20 but they look set and steady. Guys like Kishen never look set or in control. Most of their lower strike rates knocks are because of a lot of wafts and misses and technical inadequacies while facing certain bowling.

 

He is late against anything over 135 k unless it is a slot ball.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2022 at 4:20 PM, singhvivek141 said:

To an extent, I feel both Ishan Kishan and Rishabh Pant are trying to outdo each other in terms of hitting ability.
Kishan till 2020, remained under the shadows of Pant. When you are being compared to each other consistently, it's natural to be wary of each other.
 

Then in IPL 2020, Kishan got the breakout season with MI while Pant struggled in that IPL, Kishan was in the lead for the first time and he was close to grab the keeper spot from Saha, but then Gabba happened and Pant left everyone to dust.

Kishan is heavily backed by Rohit and MI and got an easier position to bat, and it must be in his mind to topple Pant from automatic choice wkt. So he is trying to outbat him by trying to score bit (even if at a lower SR) just like KL Rahul. Where, unfortunately he might be struggling as playing slow is not his natural game.

 

Pant is 100 times the batter compared to him.

 

He's the only player from mi to be dropped every single year & His position is under severe threat.

 

As a mi team fan nothing would make me more happy than to trade him away.

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...