How long is the rope for Hanuma Vihari?

Time to move on. Iyer has to get an extended run and maybe Sarfaraz who is next in line.

16 tests is a good enough rope and it is irrational to expect 16 tests on a trot with so much competition. Onus lies on him to cash in and since he has not done much, time to go to the next in line.

i like the story, the grit of Vihari but doesn’t belong at this level unfortunately.

The Home Tests against Lanka batting at 3 were the perfect platform for him, but he couldn't score then also. That should have been a clear indicator to move past him.

Sarfaraz should be top of the list to replace him. 

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Vihari never looked like a good test batsman.

I don't know why he was selected in the first place.

Based on the weight of domestic runs season after season, I guess he deserved a look-in.  Like Badri many years ago.  16 matches in, it is clear that it's not working. 

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

bad investement 

On principle. You have to be fair. I don’t think Sarfaraz will be good against pace either but he earned it and should get a shot. Same thing with Vihari. He did earn his chances, got a fair deal and his own responsibility.

29 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

Line Up after this Test:

Rohit

KL

Kohli (New Challenge at 3)

Gill

S Iyer (Needs A Fair Run)

Pant

Other Candidates to choose from:

P Shaw

Y Jaiswal

S Khan

R Patidar

D Hooda

S Samson

I Kishan

S Bharat

Next test is a long way from here. Only next year

7 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Want Sarfaraz Khan in the next home test. Iyer is bad as Raina against short stuff.

How the hell did he survive vs short ball in Australia? Sydney? I am still shocked. Maybe their bowlers were dead tired.