What’s the rational explanation for Pakistan’s love for Kohli?

maniac

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Not even close. Even laxman is greater than him based of tests feats. There is hazare, patuidi, dravid Sachin, sunny, amaranth,mankad, shsewag vishwanath. 

you forgot our greatest test opener - the Merchant. not trolling, just repeating what Sunny himself said in an interview.

pataudi was disabled, so what he did is amazing. but purely on statistical grounds, he and mankad would not be in top 10. In no particular order, here is India's top 20:

1 to 10: SRT, dravid, sunny, VVS, sehwag, brat (kohli), hazare, viswanath, amarnath, merchant

11 to 20: vengsarkar, pujara, ganguly, fixer (azhar), sidhu, gambhir, umrigar, vijay manjrekar (sanju's dad), rohit, Pant [if bunt continues to play well, he will enter 1st tier]

honorary mentions: borde, dhawan, sardesai, rusi modi, pataudi, murali vijay

Edited by Vijy
4 hours ago, Vijy said:

you forgot our greatest test opener - the Merchant. not trolling, just repeating what Sunny himself said in an interview.

pataudi was disabled, so what he did is amazing. but purely on statistical grounds, he and mankad would not be in top 10. In no particular order, here is India's top 20:

1 to 10: SRT, dravid, sunny, VVS, sehwag, brat (kohli), hazare, viswanath, amarnath, merchant

11 to 20: vengsarkar, pujara, ganguly, fixer (azhar), sidhu, gambhir, umrigar, vijay manjrekar (sanju's dad), rohit, Pant [if bunt continues to play well, he will enter 1st tier]

honorary mentions: borde, dhawan, sardesai, rusi modi, pataudi, murali vijay

Yea so 9 above kphli

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

Kohli is only behind Sachin tests. Dravid and laxman were not even half the players Kohli at his best in tests. 

one should not look only at peaks. otherwise, amarnath would be greater than sachin because his brief peak was higher than anyone I've seen/followed since 1970s. ask someone like @Gollum if you need more corroboration since most of you bacchas weren't around back then.

taken over the entire career, Dravid, Sunny are above Kohli. In fact, Sunny G was scoring heavily as opener for 1st half of his career (a peak), then his form slowly fell away. Kohli's test form will potentially continue to drop, in which case he may even go below sehwag.

Edited by Vijy
9 minutes ago, Vijy said:

one should not look only at peaks. otherwise, amarnath would be greater than sachin because his peak was higher than anyone I've seen/followed since 1970s. ask someone like @Gollum if you need more corroboration since most of you bacchas weren't around back then.

taken over the entire career, Dravid, Sunny are above Kohli. In fact, Sunny G was scoring heavily as opener for 1st half of his career (a peak), then his form slowly fell away. Kohli's test form will potentially continue to drop, in which case he may even go below sehwag.

He is below laxman even

Just now, Jay said:

He is below laxman even

VVS was an underachiever but a genuine match winner. Kohli on the other hand was an overachiever who maximized whatever (limited) talent he had. consistency wise, VVS will always suffer because he was an up-and-down type of batter, but the kind of clutch knocks he played were truly amazing... not even sehwag, dravid, SRT (his contemporaries) achieved that

21 hours ago, Jay said:

Not even top 10 from indua

:laugh:

He is a great batsman and no 3 or 4  Indian GOAT, anyone who disagrees either does not know enough cricket or has some other issue. 

1Sachin

2Sunny

3Dravid ( only because I have an opinion that test > loi which is a minuscule minority )

4Kohli ( till the time he wins a SENA Test series with most 100s in my opinion ) 

1 hour ago, Vilander said:

:laugh:

He is a great batsman and no 3 or 4  Indian GOAT, anyone who disagrees either does not know enough cricket or has some other issue. 

1Sachin

2Sunny

3Dravid ( only because I have an opinion that test > loi which is a minuscule minority )

4Kohli ( till the time he wins a SENA Test series with most 100s in my opinion ) 

What sena series has helped us win by himself?