What’s the rational explanation for Pakistan’s love for Kohli?

maniac

Just now, zen said:

Kohli has a good fan base all over the world so it is natural that his fans will be elated at his performance …. Note that non-team India fans are not worried about how a player impacts India but his individual performances 

Thats very generic. Sachin, MSD have a relatively more iconic following than Kohli.

Speaking specifically on that side of the border  

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

If true, Didn’t Kapil have relatives in Pakistan too? 

if sarcasm then :(( 

No it's true 99% Arora khatri Punjabi Hindu Sikhs settled in various parts of Indiaare descendants of partition refugees

Virat’s aunty has been the Mayor of the city and has told that during the partition

Virat Kohli’s grandfather came to Katni. Kohli’s father Prem Kohli studied in Gulabchand School in Katni after which he went to Sarangpur and then shifted to Delhi from there.

https://thecricketlounge.com/opinion/virat-kohli-is-originally-not-from-delhi-his-ancestral-home/cid8372178.htm

11 minutes ago, maniac said:

Thats very generic. Sachin, MSD have a relatively more iconic following than Kohli.

Speaking specifically on that side of the border  

Let’s hope it is genuine … Many Pak posters tend to give reverse opinion about what is good for India. For e.g. if they are scared of an Indian player, they may criticize him, and vice versa. 

Why does it bother Indian fans that Kohli is liked by Pakistanis. He is the greatest cricketer of this generation but somehow I feel Indian fans think low of him.

I heard most silly comments, he is laughed with Pakistani players after CT 2017 loss  so they don't like him.He is arrogant, who cares what he is in his personal life as long as he is not commiting crimes. 

He gives his 100% every match on the ground, thats all you can ask from any player.

Better question to ask is why he is disliked by many of Indian fans and many of ICFers. 

I think they admire his personality and it is backed by performance too for so many years. He is an aggressive cricketer and on the face personality by nature so that's why liked by them.

The likes of Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Dravid, Rohit aren't really that sort of personality.

The closest to them are probably Yuvraj and Sehwag but because Kohli has been a lot more successful than them and done so well vs Pak so admired by them.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

I see more padosis going crazy for Virat’s 71st century than even most Indian fans.

Their players, experts,  fans and media are borderline obsessed  with Virat. In fact I have seen indians arguing with Pakistanis about Virat’s form but not in the order you would expect it :hmmmm2:

He needs to be deported to parkieland. 

He is a closet parkie. 

Anyway I am half ounjabi and I still can't stand the clown. One of the most overrated batsmen of all time. 

He had a peak od 3 years. That's it. 

Mediocre outside those 3 years. 

Never a true great. 

40 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

You are guys are really over analyzing things.

He is friendly with Pak players and the Pak public so we do the same in kind ... end of story.

There is a special chemistry something i have not seen with any Indian player in history. I know Indians had their own player appreciation from Pakistan side. Zaheer Abbas had a fan club, Later  Akram and Saeed Anwar.  But nothing like this.

15 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

There is a special chemistry something i have not seen with any Indian player in history. I know Indians had their own player appreciation from Pakistan side. Zaheer Abbas had a fan club, Later  Akram and Saeed Anwar.  But nothing like this.

how can you forget Majid Khan :no:

What’s different about Kohli is he doesn’t have a knee length beard or invoke the almighty in every other sentence, forget ghosssht he has even become Vegan :giggle:, has tatoos and speaks good English and carries himself like a rockstar. I mean Indian or other kids admiring these style  aspects makes sense but this is so out of the box for the average Pakistani fans who usually like- Mo Ali, Amla etc :hysterical:

Thats why this one is a proper mind f. 

Edited by maniac