India's new Jersey for WC T20?

Sgattick10

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I was watching the highlights of 2007 WT20 semi final between India and Australia.

India were 41/2 after 8 overs when Yuvraj came to bat and when he left, the scoreboard was 155/3 after 17.3 overs...114 runs in 9.3 overs and that too in that era, what an iconic knock that was. Wish someone from this team plays a knock like that in a knockout then only we can go on to win the tournament.

We don't have that fearless approach anymore.

43 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I was watching the highlights of 2007 WT20 semi final between India and Australia.

India were 41/2 after 8 overs when Yuvraj came to bat and when he left, the scoreboard was 155/3 after 17.3 overs...114 runs in 9.3 overs and that too in that era, what an iconic knock that was. Wish someone from this team plays a knock like that in a knockout then only we can go on to win the tournament.

Knockout matches are almost always won by fearless sides , pakistan was too fearful in the last two knockouts.

14 hours ago, Majestic said:

That was stuff of dreams..India really had a shaky start that day and As a kid ,I was like we are never going to beat Australia.. Yuvraj literally changed tempo smashing every single bowler....Uthappa also played handy part with him.

15 hours ago, Majestic said:

that in my view is the greatest innings by an Indian in T20s till date ( even more than Gambhir's 75 in final ).. Yuvi was on a diff level

1 hour ago, Bigg Brother said:

That was stuff of dreams..India really had a shaky start that day and As a kid ,I was like we are never going to beat Australia.. Yuvraj literally changed tempo smashing every single bowler....Uthappa also played handy part with him.

Yes, Uthappa played a handy part throughout the tournament, I feel he doesn't get the recognition though. Against Pakistan in that league game, his 50 of 36 ( or something) was pretty good knock too as we lost lot of wickets early.

44 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

that in my view is the greatest innings by an Indian in T20s till date ( even more than Gambhir's 75 in final ).. Yuvi was on a diff level

Yes, for me as well. That is when we started winning vs Australia and we continued it in 2011 knockouts too.

I think Kohli's knock in 2016 WT20 vs Australia was legendary too but since the Yuvi one was in knockout and at better strike rate, I would put that on top.

Edited by Majestic
42 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

Agree. I puke everytime Kohli bhakts say Kohli's Mohali 2016 knock is the best T20 knock of all time and not just India's. :giggle:

Yuvi's and Gambhir's knocks in semi and final of that tournament were at another level. 

41 minutes ago, Norman said:

Agree. I puke everytime Kohli bhakts say Kohli's Mohali 2016 knock is the best T20 knock of all time and not just India's. :giggle:

Yuvi's and Gambhir's knocks in semi and final of that tournament were at another level. 

Yuvi is probably the best timer of the ball ( both placement and power ) I have seen since late 90s.. he was showing his full range against a very good aussie attack

2 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Yuvi is probably the best timer of the ball ( both placement and power ) I have seen since late 90s.. he was showing his full range against a very good aussie attack

I remember that game like yesterday. 

India were going nowhere but Yuvi and Uthappa targetted their fifth bowler (symonds & clarke) masterfully and took their 4 overs for plenty. Dhoni's cameo at the end was just as important after Yuvi got out. 

And of course Sreesanth's legendary spell where he cleaned up both Hayden and Gilchrist by conceding just 12 runs. One of the best T20 bowling performances by an Indian ever.