Jump to content
vvvslaxman

Don't create monsters in dressing room - Gambhir

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gambhir has been vocal about a lot of things. One hot topic he talks about is DK vs Pant. From the beginning Gauti is absolutely dead against DK even being in the squad not just playing XI. First Sunny had to give him a counter. Now against 2 days back he reiterates Pant should be picked over DK. Not Both.

 

That is because for all his flaws and emotional meltdowns here and there, Gambo is astute enough to see the trend instead of an odd inning here and there. DK has a decade and half worth of nondescript career behind him. An odd inning here and another cameo there - or even a flashy IPL season or two - cannot mask the lukewarm fare that makes up the bulk of his career.

Link to comment
4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Gambhir has been vocal about a lot of things. One hot topic he talks about is DK vs Pant. From the beginning Gauti is absolutely dead against DK even being in the squad not just playing XI. First Sunny had to give him a counter. Now against 2 days back he reiterates Pant should be picked over DK. Not Both.

 

And his point is solid too reg DK

Link to comment

Gambhir has too many issues.Respecting and admiring greatness is not hero worship. There is no bigger hero worship in Indian than Sachin but this guy never brings that up. One off performances are always lauded but they cannot be put on pedastal.

 

Jimmy was MOM in both semis and finals  1983 but he is not held in the same regard as either Sunny or Kapil and rightly so. Bhuvi was not the story of Afghanistan match.So I don't know why this idiot keeps bringing that up.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

 

His argument is Pant "can open". lol I am not sure he is going to open at all.  Besides his point about Karthik doesn't want bat before 5. Is it something he controls himself? I don't think so.  Shouldn't that be Kishan if he wants wicket keeping opener?

 

He has opened so atleast there's an option.

 

Karthik bats only in last 5 overs to the point no. 7 is promoted ahead. Gotta be very consistent to justify that as a specialist bat.

Link to comment
5 hours ago, sarchasm said:

 

That is because for all his flaws and emotional meltdowns here and there, Gambo is astute enough to see the trend instead of an odd inning here and there. DK has a decade and half worth of nondescript career behind him. An odd inning here and another cameo there - or even a flashy IPL season or two - cannot mask the lukewarm fare that makes up the bulk of his career.

 

For the record Pant has played more T20s than DK and yet nothing to show for.  Always goes through a passage where he struggles to buy a run. It is Pant that is scoring "here" and"there" hitting a few sixes of a tiring spinner making his overall stats less pathetic.  DK's career vastly coincided with MSD who himself was a poor T20 batsman. So he had no chance to supercede him at any point. 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Lord said:

 

He has opened so atleast there's an option.

 

Karthik bats only in last 5 overs to the point no. 7 is promoted ahead. Gotta be very consistent to justify that as a specialist bat.

 

Not necessarily last 5. There occasions he had to come in ahead atleast in the IPL say after 12 overs. Besides if India misses someone in the line up that is the finisher. If India's top 3 doesn't stay after 15 overs it is pretty much done for us. We will score like 35 in the last 5 and wimp out.

Link to comment

Can't wait to see Kohli's next hundred against the top-tier team, Zimbabwe. So, his fans can distribute laddus on roads and celebrate Diwali. 

I'm sure he will continue to score these cheap runs against low-quality teams and send India to the deepest Abyss in the next 1 year. And his fans will continue to chant his name for every meaningless century he scores in pointless bi-laterals.

Kohli, the 2nd biggest Conman after Nityananda.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

 

Not necessarily last 5. There occasions he had to come in ahead atleast in the IPL say after 12 overs. Besides if India misses someone in the line up that is the finisher. If India's top 3 doesn't stay after 15 overs it is pretty much done for us. We will score like 35 in the last 5 and wimp out.

 

I'm not talking of IPL. For India, Axar has batted ahead of him.

 

Hardik is also a finisher. SKY can do the job if top 3 stay for long enough. But they are willing to bat earlier too.

Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Lord said:

 

I'm not talking of IPL. For India, Axar has batted ahead of him.

 

Hardik is also a finisher. SKY can do the job if top 3 stay for long enough. But they are willing to bat earlier too.

 

I am not sure that was his choice. That is my point. Gambhir says "He doesn't want to before 5". How does he know that? He was a  successful Test opener in England/SA. why would he decline if he is offered to open. His role is always finisher role. Miller's majoriy of his innings are either batting at 5 or 6.  Does it make him a bad choice? T20 is all about roles. Somebody has to bat down right? Everybody cannot bat in top 5.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...