Kohli recent resurgence - second wind or false dawn?

Is he regaining form before the World Cup?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is he regaining form before the World Cup?

• Yes, he’s a champion elite level player
    • No, lol don’t get fooled by these bi lateral trashings of minnows

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Aus bowl faster. Stern teat awaits.

Hazletrundler is a 130-138 kmph bowler now

Cummins is 133-142 max

Starc is 139-147 he is the quick one. 

Boland is medium pace too. 

Lahiru technically is faster than all of them but yes stern test definitely awaits. Aussie quicks are threatening not cause of pace. It's bounce.

2 hours ago, Nikola said:

600 runs is bit too high for BGT as it is 4 match series. Even peak smith did not do it. I think if he scores 400 runs it's pretty good series and 450-500 series means he is back to his best in all formats and probably goes past root in tests.

Figure of speech, I meant mountain of runs, loads of runs whatever.

2 hours ago, speedracer said:

Hazletrundler is a 130-138 kmph bowler now

Cummins is 133-142 max

Starc is 139-147 he is the quick one. 

Boland is medium pace too. 

Lahiru technically is faster than all of them but yes stern test definitely awaits. Aussie quicks are threatening not cause of pace. It's bounce.

Edges are caused by any unmitigated lateral or horizontal movement so yeah swing seam or bounce at pace or spin, kohli has weakness all around which i dont think was well exploited in this series. But good on him to convert while he had the chance. Now he can play freely against aus and nz.

Edited by Vilander
21 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Kohli was all about confidence.Three years of struggle would dent even the most confident players.I still feel he is not ready for redball cricket if he wants a second innings he needs to go back to Ranji.

Why doesn't he go back to Ranji then? All our past legends used to play in Ranji, county etc. to get into form/rhythm. Even in this team test legends like Pujara, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami play FC. Why can't Kohli take a break from these useless bilaterals and play Ranji before the crucial BGT? Why this thirst for cheap runs? Even when he is free for 2-3 months he goes to Bollywood sets and foreign vacations instead of FC. Smith, Root don't shy away from domestic FC....

3 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Why doesn't he go back to Ranji then? All our past legends used to play in Ranji, county etc. to get into form/rhythm. Even in this team test legends like Pujara, Ashwin, Jadeja, Shami play FC. Why can't Kohli take a break from these useless bilaterals and play Ranji before the crucial BGT? Why this thirst for cheap runs? Even when he is free for 2-3 months he goes to Bollywood sets and foreign vacations instead of FC. Smith, Root don't shy away from domestic FC....

He was in a funk in all formats, I fully support him playing these odis, this is his best format and it again showed by him scoring 3 hundreds in 4 matches.Kohli has alway been about confidence .Yes he should take time out and play atleast one FC match before the test series.

Stop being negative nancy, he has played more international matches than any player since he made his debut.Also stop being ridiculous that he is there for cheap runs. You don't score as many runs as he has done by scoring only cheap runs.