Pant potentially out for 1-2 years

zen

50 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

i refuse to believe that,Athletes have come back from far worse situations life Cancer.

depends on the type of cancer. some can cause general weakness, but not leave lasting damage to body parts, whereas some others can.

in the case of physical injuries, some are definitely career-ending. for example, broken knees can be responsible for either ending or severely curtailing careers in NBA, tennis, etc.

@SRT100 and I had a long discussion about this, either on this thread or a diff one. it's not that I want him to be gone, but we need to be realistic about managing expectations... it's not a matter of "believing" one thing or the other, but taking a look at severity of injury, body type, general fitness, level of rehab facilities (NCA is quite bad), and so on.

sorry if it seems a downer, but it is what it is.

What an year he had to get injured. All the box office events for India is going to happen. Playing world cup in India is such a proud moment. You never know whether you will get another opportunity. Sachin was blessed to play in 2 home world cups. Kohli will play his second world cup as he played his first very early. His favorite side will be facing India in WTC final. He will miss out that too. 

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

What an year he had to get injured. All the box office events for India is going to happen. Playing world cup in India is such a proud moment. You never know whether you will get another opportunity. Sachin was blessed to play in 2 home world cups. Kohli will play his second world cup as he played his first very early. His favorite side will be facing India in WTC final. He will miss out that too. 

I don't think he will miss much. WTC thrashing in final is likely, and so is a moderately early (e.g., SF or before) exit from WC.

14 hours ago, Vijy said:

I don't think he will miss much. WTC thrashing in final is likely, and so is a moderately early (e.g., SF or before) exit from WC.

Personally that is a loss for him not  being able to play infront of home crowd in a world cup. He may not get the MSD's pinnacle moment of hitting a six to win the world cup even if he had played. But he sure will regret missing the world cup at home.

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Personally that is a loss for him not  being able to play infront of home crowd in a world cup. He may not get the MSD's pinnacle moment of hitting a six to win the world cup even if he had played. But he sure will regret missing the world cup at home.

yes, I suppose so... but I think he may be relieved if we crash to 1st round home defeat

On 3/22/2023 at 3:30 AM, Vijy said:

yes, I suppose so... but I think he may be relieved if we crash to 1st round home defeat

He wouldn't even have been picked for the WC squad given this TM'S allergy to match winners and preference for the weak minded Rahul. They sent Pant home suddenly before the Bangladesh ODI series and turned part timer Rahul into a full time keeper, thanks to shakuni Dravid's scheming. And all this despite Pant scoring a series winning unbeaten century against world champion England in their backyard. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

He wouldn't even have been picked for the WC squad given this TM'S allergy to match winners and preference for the weak minded Rahul. They sent Pant home suddenly before the Bangladesh ODI series and turned part timer Rahul into a full time keeper, thanks to shakuni Dravid's scheming. And all this despite Pant scoring a series winning unbeaten century against world champion England in their backyard. 

they will find a way to bring back dhawan, ishant, rahane, etc too in some format or the other

Edited by Vijy
14 minutes ago, Vijy said:

they will find a way to bring back dhawan, ishant, rahane, etc too in some format or the other

If Gill or Rohit get injured, the experienced Dhawan will definitely make a comeback. Shami and Siraj both need to be injured for Ishant to make a comeback. Rahane is most likely done. 

Pant is still young. He will recover and come back, how well he plays will be about how he is managed back. All we can do is to pray for the young man’s recovery, irrespective of what he has done or can do for Indian cricket. For the rest of us, lesson about life, which can change in a second. So be in the moment…

2 hours ago, devla said:

Pant is still young. He will recover and come back, how well he plays will be about how he is managed back. All we can do is to pray for the young man’s recovery, irrespective of what he has done or can do for Indian cricket. For the rest of us, lesson about life, which can change in a second. So be in the moment…

Only plyaer with jazbaa.  Destined to become an ATG Wicket keeper before the accident.

I wish the moment he gets fully match fit and lands his foot on ground he gets a(filmy) tight slap from Thala for being careless and not being dedicated like him as he missed the most eventful year for Indian cricket

Thala would have loved loosing to someone in the IPL final yeaterday like Pant and transferring the LOI wk (possible kaptani as well)baton to him,watta defining moment it had been