Lower your expectations - Rahul Dravid

Each of these guys worth like 100 to 200 crores. Cricket made them. Fans made them. So expectation from them cannot be contained.  This "being realistic" crap is for losers. Acting like they sucked only in this series not last 2 or 3 years is lolworthy.  Two guys who occupy two of the most important spots in a batting order average 30 or less in the last 3 years. There is this guy Asad Shafiq that plays for Pakistan. He would go missing in most of the matches. Just when he is about to be dropped would score a 50. That is pretty much some guys do with our team. There is no ruthlessness in selection especially with Test selection. This default selection of seniors and coach doubling down on the logic behind their selection should be called out.

Its not surprising that Dravid has this mentality which many Indian men of his time had or still have.

It belongs to weak, timid, easily frightened Indian men.

What is surprising is that he played cricket with players like Ganguly and SRT that didnt have this weak mindset.

33 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

Dravid has committed the cardinal sin. All his legacy will be tainted and all the respect will be lost. There's a reason why Sachin will never go back to the dressing room ever again. 

Good post.

One thing about SRT is that he retired with dignity fully intact. Sure the hundred 100 was farcical in the end, but he did manage to get there. He was scoring runs for India since the age of 16, so I dont blame him for picking the time to retire.

None of these current arseholes deserve that opportunity. They should be sacked immediately.

12 hours ago, speedracer said:

The pitches v england were much much worse in 2021 and he destroyed Lund along with sundar. 

And then you have this *wit moron putridevus say there is no talent rofl. All of you deserve this. People like him are the reason why we get this bozo dravid picking washed up old farts over young hungry lions who are significantly more talented.

Do you guys intentionally digress from the discussion. You know I am talking about square turners of India, right? We have hardly had 4 or 5 such tracks in as many years. And as I said we can't expect everyone to emulate Pant.

Edited by Chakdephatte
On 3/9/2023 at 12:32 AM, Chakdephatte said:

He has not played on a pitch as bad as the last two. Even if he has, some players are special than others. These are extreme examples.

only Indore was bad. Even Axar scored in Delhi.

And he's not an exception.

Here is list of all batsmen in India since 2020. Try to find Kohli,Pujara and Rahul

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;host=6;orderby=batting_average;spanmin1=1+Jan+2020;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Rather than lowering my expectation, I think i should take a break from it. In professional sports, expectations will always be high, thats why top athletes are paid millions of dollars. Unless Dravid is suggesting we should stop treating Indian team as a professional team. 

Maybe Dravid should say that to people wasting time on Indian Cricket team.  

On 3/10/2023 at 7:45 PM, jf1gp_1 said:

Even posts have become like Indian news channels. People only read headline completely overlooking context. 

Wow, you’re still around? Remember the F1 games racing season, still may have the hardware from back then. 

And Dravid gets this because he is taking Indian cricket 2 steps back. India wants all out all the time, none of this bookish stuff. He needs to move on.