RINKU SINGH : Remember the name

Lord

He created a Rinku Singh fan club on Facebook in 2018. He got trolled for creating his own fan club. People wrote sarcastic praises about him as they did with Thakur, Jadeja earlier. They compared with Sachin, Sehwag etc. Most posts from now on, will be serious. (Couldn't write a good conclusion to the story, LOL!)

Edited by Chakdephatte

Just now, Chakdephatte said:

He created a Rinku Singh fan club on Facebook in 2018. He got trolled for creating his own fan club. People wrote sarcastic praises about him as they did with Thakur, Jadeja earlier. They compared with Sachin, Sehwag etc. Most posts from now on, will be serious.

has come from really humble background.

Definitely has the mental strength if not anything else.

13 minutes ago, Lord said:

has come from really humble background.

Definitely has the mental strength if not anything else.

You don't regularly play such innings purely with mental strength. He has talent.

Also, this 'humble background' thing gives me Harsha Bhogle vibes. Pure psychobabble.

Edited by Chakdephatte

38 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

You don't regularly play such innings purely with mental strength. He has talent.

Also, this 'humble background' thing gives me Harsha Bhogle vibes. Pure psychobabble.

Its true

52 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Mazza aa gaya..

@zen Bhai ki The Wolves ko pel Diya Rinku ne aakhri over me :phehe:

Where is fraud Bandya he hardly had any contribution other than spinning the coin and yet got injured . looks like he needs some Stepney for tossing the coin as well.

27 minutes ago, nitinbwj said:

So many magical things happened when ICF was down

Rahane smashing it 

Vijay Shankar smashing it

Venkatesh Iyer smashing it

Rinku smashing it 

:fear1:

Let's hope it stays down forever if Indians are smashing it :cantstop:

It was like the rising of the underdogs....

I had forgotten what Rahane looked like...:frown:

Shanker looks like another person...:blink:

Rinku jia:fear1:

This thread last year - started by ... let's just say ... a genius.

I just hope the selectors take notice of this guy's abilities. He just keeps plugging away in all formats. Yes, we don't really know how he'd do if the guy bowling the last over was someone more skilled and prepared than Yash Dayal.

But he has now had 3 signature knocks in his last 4 or 5 IPL matches, and it is high time he gets a chance to show he belongs in international cricket.

4 hours ago, Lord said:

liked him since last season. Can be all format player. Should definitely play LOIs

Now, everybody will remember. He did the same thing last year as well, but Evin Lewis' out-of-the-universe catch cut his effort short.

People, including selectors, should've taken notice right then and picked him as a finisher instead of relying on the Dinesh Karthiks of the world. Instead, another year of toil goes by - batting at #6 or #7 for UP. Now, everybody is on the bandwagon. Hope it translates into selection.

3 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Now, everybody will remember. He did the same thing last year as well, but Evin Lewis' out-of-the-universe catch cut his effort short.

People, including selectors, should've taken notice right then and picked him as a finisher instead of relying on the Dinesh Karthiks of the world. Instead, another year of toil goes by - batting at #6 or #7 for UP. Now, everybody is on the bandwagon. Hope it translates into selection.

most likely still won't get selected unless has 3-4 more good knocks

40 minutes ago, Lord said:

most likely still won't get selected unless has 3-4 more good knocks

You are probably right.  Although I am hoping the excitement of actually winning with a 29-run 20th over propels him into the squad. 

Aur kitna karega?  These last few IPL knocks (the one that almost put KKR in the playoffs last year and the two this past week), plus his FC consistency are worth a 100 innings.  He brings an ability and toughness under pressure that the Indian team could use. They keep looking for a finisher and a guy is staring right in their faces. 

2 hours ago, beetle said:

It was like the rising of the underdogs....

I had forgotten what Rahane looked like...:frown:

Shanker looks like another person...:blink:

Rinku jia:fear1:

It is noticeable that guys like Shankar and Thakur look a lot fitter playing in the IPL than when they are/were on the Indian team. Perhaps speaks to the culture of franchise cricket versus the lackadaisical prima-donna led approach in the national team.