We are the champions !!!

velu

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-final-ms-dhoni-vows-to-return-for-another-season-if-his-body-allow-it-1379027

Shameless Dhongi- like is there no value on your word? If you have said its your last game and IPL AND you have won the trophy, just go out on a high! These ambiguous statements only further confusion and the thought that you cannot believe a word that comes out of Indian cricketers mouth because for more money and fame they will keep U turning.

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-final-ms-dhoni-vows-to-return-for-another-season-if-his-body-allow-it-1379027

Shameless Dhongi- like is there no value on your word? If you have said its your last game and IPL AND you have won the trophy, just go out on a high! These ambiguous statements only further confusion and the thought that you cannot believe a word that comes out of Indian cricketers mouth because for more money and fame they will keep U turning.

Are Bhai what's the problem in him continuing to play in the IPL circus. Not that he's hogging a place in the National team.

Before this year's IPL I was highly skeptical of CSKs chances with Grandpa Dhoni at helm. But they ended up winning the whole damn thing lol!

Dhoni even at this stage is worth it for the fans he brings with him. He enjoys much greater goodwill among the casual Indian fans than the likes of Kohli and Rohit.

I don't think he is the sole decision maker here, CSK being a private franchise knows how much money MSD brings into the table.

Even if he would want to retire, franchise will ask him not to because of sponsorship and brand value. MSD, Kohli and Rohit are in IPL from day one....so public has emotional attachment with them.

Anyway, we all know success at IPL means zilch in internationals. It's just timepass these days and it will continue to be...never I felt any IPL so boring and lethargic and it will continue to be if we keep on selecting has beens and useless cricketers.

1 hour ago, AuxiliA said:

Are Bhai what's the problem in him continuing to play in the IPL circus. Not that he's hogging a place in the National team.

Before this year's IPL I was highly skeptical of CSKs chances with Grandpa Dhoni at helm. But they ended up winning the whole damn thing lol!

Dhoni even at this stage is worth it for the fans he brings with him. He enjoys much greater goodwill among the casual Indian fans than the likes of Kohli and Rohit.

Its about the nationak team - its about personal intregrity.

If you say you are going to retire publically then DO it- if franchises have a dubious interest in keeping on legends just for making profit, at some point even his body will go. He has won 5 titles, done everything, made his IPL legacy. What more does he want. If he said i will continue playing till 50 then i have no issues.. just dont say youre gonna retire and then not. Its classic tactics on playing on the emotions of fans who want to see their player in their final season match etc and then be told oh btw he's not retiring. Nowhere in the cricketing world we see this.

9 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

If you say you are going to retire publically then DO it- if franchises have a dubious interest in keeping on legends just for making profit, at some point even his body will go. He has won 5 titles, done everything, made his IPL legacy. What more does he want. If he said i will continue playing till 50 then i have no issues.. just dont say youre gonna retire and then not. Its classic tactics on playing on the emotions of fans who want to see their player in their final season match etc and then be told oh btw he's not retiring. Nowhere in the cricketing world we see this.

If Raina and Rayudu can do this why should Dhoni be above this? 

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

These ambiguous statements only further confusion and the thought that you cannot believe a word that comes out of Indian cricketers mouth because for more money and fame they will keep U turning.

3 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

If Raina and Rayudu can do this why should Dhoni be above this? 

I have called out ALL indian players for this behaviour

4 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

It's just the IPL dude, relax. Let him play as long as he wants. It's clear that his captaincy and presence in the middle is a big boost to his team. Dhoni's popularity won't be dented if he retires. CSK will keep him as mentor or coach for whatever salary he wants. The easier and more lucrative option for him is to retire. But he is thinking of going through training and physical pain for one more season. 

"just dont say youre gonna retire and then not."

Good point. I thought you were against his continuance but you have cleared up the main issue. Whether it's this season or the next, I hope he gives a clear exit timeline and adheres to it. There's no need for several more "Dhoni's last home game" black ticketing. And media idiots also need to stop asking him the retirement question every single opportunity they get. When he retires, he will put out an announcement, they can just wait for it and stop creating sentimental drama. All those non CSK fans who wore yellow jerseys as a farewell gesture might be feeling a bit sheepish now. 

People need to understand, it is very hard for any player to walk away, that empty feeling of not knowing what to do tomorrow is not easy to handle.For a guy who still is in shape and was very good behind stumps and franchise ready to do whatever he wants from them, it is not an easy decision.

100% sure IPL will use this Dhoni retirement again next year  as marketing ploy to get the hype.

13 minutes ago, putrevus said:

People need to understand, it is very hard for any player to walk away, that empty feeling of not knowing what to do tomorrow is not easy to handle.For a guy who still is in shape and was very good behind stumps and franchise ready to do whatever he wants from them, it is not an easy decision.

100% sure IPL will use this Dhoni retirement again next year  as marketing ploy to get the hype.

just another example of BCCI not having any moral ethics

I think BCCI itself will ask him to continue looking at the crowd he brings in.  Everyone knows he is 42 doesn't play any level cricket during off season. So his failures are more or less expected. They still root for him to come to crease. Dhoni mania has definitely reached a new level since he was hinting retirement.

18 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

just another example of BCCI not having any moral ethics

It is not just BCCI, it is the same with every sporting entity or business.

MJ's two retirements and returns were hyped to death by NBA. Tom Brady, Brett Favre and many other players who were unsure of their retirement are perfect recipe for these entities to cash in on Fan's sentiments.

Fans have to grow wiser, you cannot expect morality from these sporting entities, their sole purpose is to make money.They will use anything to hype their product.

BCCI cannot ask Dhoni to make a decision either retire/play also.

Edited by putrevus

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

He never said he is going to retire. He only keeps saying he will decide based on how his body holds up. Remember he also said in one of the post match interviews that you guys have already decided that it is my last year. I haven't said anything about it.

Again as previous comments mention,  this is tamasha league. He can play with a walking stick as long as he can bring in crowds. I don't think anyone cares as long as he is not hogging a spot in the India team.

Edited by bowl_out

23 minutes ago, bowl_out said:

He never said he is going to retire. He only keeps saying he will decide based on how his body holds up. Remember he also said in one of the post match interviews that you guys have already decided that it is my last year. I haven't said anything about it.

Again as previous comments mention,  this is tamasha league. He can play with a walking stick as long as he can being in crowds. I don't think anyone cares as long as he is not hogging a spot in the India team.

It is undeniable MSD is one of the major reason for IPL to be successful. IPL's success relies on superstars playing against other superstars. Otherwise SMAT would have been a resounding success. MSD is an all India superstar.  An average cricket fan looks upto MSD.