Chris Sole- Express pacer from Scotland

2 hours ago, the don said:

Anyone seen this guy bowl? Regularly around 145 kph. Got to a high speed of 152. These countries produce seriously good athletes. 

In what format. If it's t20 then it doesn't matter. What country produces good athletes? Scotland? This would be their first fast bowler lol 

21 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

:-).

Quickly, we could change his first name to Krish and he could pass for a Maharashtrian. 

Hazare, Rahane, Amre, Gupte,  Sole ...

always thought Maharashtrian surnames end with "kar" ... this syllable "e" is interesting

41 minutes ago, wazza said:

In what format. If it's t20 then it doesn't matter. What country produces good athletes? Scotland? This would be their first fast bowler lol 

Don't think you understand what the term  athlete means but if we are speaking fast bowlers not athletes then you are correct he is our first to hit 150k

6 hours ago, Tattieboy said:

Don't think you understand what the term  athlete means but if we are speaking fast bowlers not athletes then you are correct he is our first to hit 150k

Sorry for the confusion. I thought he meant just pace. Athletes yes. Most sena nations produce good athletes. They get good coaching at club levels. 

11 minutes ago, wazza said:

Sorry for the confusion. I thought he meant just pace. Athletes yes. Most sena nations produce good athletes. They get good coaching at club levels. 

He started off with a few advantages , the genes from a Scottish icon sportsman  Dad , him and his brother went to private school with great cricket facilities , he is a gym junkie , . He was with Somerset but was released a few years ago , has not been first pick at all for Scotland our two opening bowlers are not at the tournament both playing in English counties . I watched him last year and he was okay but nothing like 150k , I think about average 138k . The coaches put it to him 6 months ago to try going flat out every ball to see what he could generate this is the result . 

12 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

He started off with a few advantages , the genes from a Scottish icon sportsman  Dad , him and his brother went to private school with great cricket facilities , he is a gym junkie , . He was with Somerset but was released a few years ago , has not been first pick at all for Scotland our two opening bowlers are not at the tournament both playing in English counties . I watched him last year and he was okay but nothing like 150k , I think about average 138k . The coaches put it to him 6 months ago to try going flat out every ball to see what he could generate this is the result . 

Do county clubs do any specific training for fast bowling? Is it focused on weight lifting,m