Kishan > KL Rahul

Sooda

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Proved his clutchness...  I'd normally take any left hander over Rahul.  After a log while I saw India not getting bogged down vs spin in middle overs. 

KLPD has a lot of talent and batting skill, but is the opposite of clutch.  Kishan is streaky, but is a fighter. Hate to say it, because I love classy bats who time the ball, but KLPD has a long body of work - huge undeniable pattern of choking.  Do not trust him at all in a big game.

23 minutes ago, sandeep said:

KLPD has a lot of talent and batting skill, but is the opposite of clutch.  Kishan is streaky, but is a fighter. Hate to say it, because I love classy bats who time the ball, but KLPD has a long body of work - huge undeniable pattern of choking.  Do not trust him at all in a big game.

No more of this technically correct Bullsh***ers who goes missing in crunch games because they can't bat ugly and survive tough phases. MSD and Gauti are classic examples being effective without being flamebuoyant.

4 hours ago, Sooda said:

* on current form at least

TM love KL but Kishan has to keep his place Now even until the world Cup. And for me he should open. He isn't necessarily world class but brings left handed intent rather than a Gill who just hangs on and is a slow starter

Kishan is better against spin than express pace. He should be in middle order. Might as well open with kohli and rohit and play sky/tilak at 3

Kishan from the looks of it may not perform upto expectations in a good batting performance of top order. 

He looks like a guy who will do damage only if Top order fails. 

I wish we could add another leftie in there.  

Iyer looked good briefly...  Came out firing.  Needs more game time. 

Patience running out with Gill. 

Idk if they will give Tilak a shot in next game...  Rest Pandu perhaps. 

Being a keen follower of the game ,it always excites me when I see a new potential start announces himself at international stage, even one from the "enemy" camp. 

Kishan today passed the biggest " stress test " you can give to a rookie cricketer , in flying colors . At international level many cricketers might possess the same level of skill but its their mental strength and temperament which makes the difference. Rahul, whatever I have seen of him lacks that mental strength, which was shown by Kishan today . Hope , Indian team will persist with him and give him a long rope.