This must be the end of Iyer's international career

Gollum

28 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Madness of Indian Cricket, we always had the players, its just a matter if they were selected.

Always been a fan of Iyer.

Kohli did his best to crush any new talent. Pant was given step motherly treatment, Gill was kept on the bench for frustratingly long period of time, Iyer got discarded, etc. Commercially unviable players like Kedar Jadhav were his favorite. 

On 11/16/2023 at 1:27 AM, nevada said:

Kohli did his best to crush any new talent. Pant was given step motherly treatment, Gill was kept on the bench for frustratingly long period of time, Iyer got discarded, etc. Commercially unviable players like Kedar Jadhav were his favorite. 

1 May 2023  Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) on Monday named Kedar Jadhav as replacement for David Willey for the remainder of the TATA Indian Premier League

In my defence I was one of the few backers of Iyer on this forum, used to defend him when others here mocked his short ball weakness, me and @Lone Wolf but credit to LW, he held his nerve better. I got frustrated with the same pattern of his dismissals in the 1st 4-5 games here and the rantman side of me emerged, something I have suppressed for so long :phehe:

I was also one of the few consistent backers of KL, me and @Jimmy Cliff. He tested my patience and I started calling him Kela but thankfully didn't open a thread to rant against him.

Both doing well so far, great for Indian cricket :two_thumbs_up:

@gattaca bro, I am an ok judge of players :p:, for instance I started rating Steve Smith highly even from 2013...me and @maniac , even others like Ashwin, Ishant, Jaddu, Saha (I must be his biggest fan here!!!!) when they were under fire.....also never joined the Chahal hype train when he was having a good run in 2017-18. But one thing maniac bro does is he doesn't get flustered when the players he backs do badly, that I have to learn from garu. 

Edited by Gollum