Rohit's knock was game changer

It was difficult pitch to bat on. India scored only 63 runs in 17 overs (over #11-over#27).

It was type of condition where batting side can score at 4 RPO and get into pressure. We saw how Kohli got frustrated v England with runs not coming up.

But since India managed 90 runs in first 10 overs, that provided so much cushion for everyone to just play out Maharaj and attack later.

Agreed, dismantling Jansen at the onset was critical to setting up India for success. Its something that has gotten lost in the noise somehow.

For me it was another team effort, everyone contributing in some way reminded me of the saying "The Whole Is Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts."

:two_thumbs_up:

Chuckte Raho

TC

19 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

It was difficult pitch to bat on. India scored only 63 runs in 17 overs (over #11-over#27).

It was type of condition where batting side can score at 4 RPO and get into pressure. We saw how Kohli got frustrated v England with runs not coming up.

But since India managed 90 runs in first 10 overs, that provided so much cushion for everyone to just play out Maharaj and attack later.

it was like sehwag's assaults in the first 10 overs, which set up the stage for MO

11 hours ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

Agreed, dismantling Jansen at the onset was critical to setting up India for success. Its something that has gotten lost in the noise somehow.

For me it was another team effort, everyone contributing in some way reminded me of the saying "The Whole Is Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts."

:two_thumbs_up:

Chuckte Raho

TC

Jansen was really nervous and made it easy to be attacked.  Next time IND plays SA, Coetzee will be back.  Playing Ngidi ahead of him cost SA.  With Ngidi injured, SA have a legit reason to play Coetzee as 3rd pacer ahead of him so SA will be stronger on the bowling front next time we play them if we do.  Jansen will not be as nervous and sheer physics mean that his bounce and trajectory aren't easy to deal with.  

11 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

It is getting too much publicity.

But Rohit got out when score was 61 during the 6th over. Out of which how many were wides?

Jansen's first ball which Rohit faced almost took edge which went for Single and then Gill face rest of the over.He clearly was nervous.

It might be new ball game if India plays SA again.

Edited by putrevus

He is the captain and he is trying his best to give the best start possible in the first 10 overs. If india win the world cup, he will be in line of Kapil and MS. 

Good to see him playing selfless cricket and putting team ahead. Attack is best way to defense. 

I am liking his play lately. 

Rohit is the man of the tournament for me thus far. He has been detonating like an N bomb on the opposition from the first ball. My favourite was his assault on Henry and Boult when they probably thought they had the best conditions under lights at Dharamshala.

He wears his captaincy also lightly. People don’t realise but it is only his second ICC tournament as captain (we reached the semi in his first one).

28 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

He has tried to do that in past and probably thinks that value of explosive start is more than accumulation for 30 overs. 

The way I see it, him and Kohli are most important. So they should try to stay long while Gill,Iyer etc can be told to accelerate.

Rohit is unstoppable in end overs with his hitting if he stays till then. That's how he got his 3 doubles.

4 hours ago, sandeep said:

Jansen was really nervous and made it easy to be attacked.  Next time IND plays SA, Coetzee will be back.  Playing Ngidi ahead of him cost SA.  With Ngidi injured, SA have a legit reason to play Coetzee as 3rd pacer ahead of him so SA will be stronger on the bowling front next time we play them if we do.  Jansen will not be as nervous and sheer physics mean that his bounce and trajectory aren't easy to deal with.  

why not? if Jansen was nervous in a dead rubber what makes you think he will be calm in KO knowing well he was targeted last time & they might target him again? 

On 11/6/2023 at 2:10 PM, IndianRenegade said:

why not? if Jansen was nervous in a dead rubber what makes you think he will be calm in KO knowing well he was targeted last time & they might target him again? 

Same reason Shubman Gill was all fidgety and batted almost 'scared' in his first IND-PAK game and then next game slapped them around like the little Bs that they are. 

Decent young players usually figure out a way to handle nerves better as they get chance and opportunity to experience such things...

42 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Same reason Shubman Gill was all fidgety and batted almost 'scared' in his first IND-PAK game and then next game slapped them around like the little Bs that they are.  

Decent young players usually figure out a way to handle nerves better as they get chance and opportunity to experience such things...

if you are referring to asia cup, I think we had a top order collapse. So I wouldn't say Gill was scared per say, anyways, I don't think there is a reliable way to say one would happen over another, lets see.

58 minutes ago, IndianRenegade said:

if you are referring to asia cup, I think we had a top order collapse. So I wouldn't say Gill was scared per say, anyways, I don't think there is a reliable way to say one would happen over another, lets see.

neither of us can predict the future.