Siraj or Ashwin - Who's your choice for the WC Final?

Downtown

I hope it has spin, Jadeja will be cruical to negate their middle order.

Bumrah needs to bowl well. He clearly was under lot of pressure yesterday, he was even cramping due to the pressure.

As the best bowler on the team, Bumrah has been MIA in many important matches.

It would be nice to see him get a 5fer.Shami has carried this team to finals.Siraj needs to show up too.Kuldeep was amazing too.

After looking at the struggles of Australia against Markram, Shamsi and Maharaj,  Ashwin is trending.  Definitely guy like Marsh has no clue which way the ball turns would rather prefer facing Siraj over Ashwin. Whole bunch of them were like deer caught in headlights. I think Test series they have played in India has left a life long scars on their players

Travis head was flying high.  So was Warner. Last match Glen philips cleaned up Travis head. Then Warner cleaned up by Markram. 

So i won't say it is a totally stupid and outlandish idea.  But without Pandya it is a bad idea. If Pandya were in place of SKY it is definitely an option against Australia.

Edited by vvvslaxman

Siraj and Bumrah are due a magical spell. Law of averages always catches up. 

Also look out for SKY. He may teach Maxwell a thing or two. Also get a hunch that Rohit hasn't peaked yet. There is a big one just around the corner. 

I'm feeling good about unchanged squad for the final. Don't change what is working. I would only make a slight change and let Shami get in around the 7th over. He has been lethal with semi-new ball. He could be even better with a new ball. 

I am quite concerned about Bumrah and Siraj coming under attack from Head and Warner. They will attack from ball one. Bumrah loses his head quite early in such situations and Siraj is just a rhythm bowler who can win you games in helpful conditions in a single spell but in Ahmedabad it will be very less likely.

I am inclined to not just play Ashwin but also open the bowling with him. 

Bumrah and Shami are more than enough. 

Bumrah will be playing on his homeground. I see the best from Bumrah coming in the finals, maybe even a fifer.

Whatever the jitters he had, semi final covered it up, he struggled upfront buy bowled really well in middle & death.

Kuldeep is on song and though didn't pickup wickets, hasn't shown any signs of mental weakness in crunch situation, says how far he has came forward.

Siraj need some support from pitch, but I think he will get a wicket or two with the new ball. 

I think semi's was our "choking" hurdle..we crossed it courtesy of experienced Shami. Now the bowlers will perform in finals for sure.

I am more worried about the batters though.

1 hour ago, Number said:

I am quite concerned about Bumrah and Siraj coming under attack from Head and Warner. They will attack from ball one. Bumrah loses his head quite early in such situations and Siraj is just a rhythm bowler who can win you games in helpful conditions in a single spell but in Ahmedabad it will be very less likely.

I am inclined to not just play Ashwin but also open the bowling with him. 

Bumrah and Shami are more than enough. 

Only SKY can be replaced by Ashwin. Yes having an off spinner is a massive advantage against those two guys. It is a big ground as well. They can lose 2 in 2. Unfortunately we don't have Pandya.

2 hours ago, Rajiv said:

Could risk Ashwin for Surya

Fascinating.

I came to say exactly that, Ash for SKY.

It would be a risky bold move, SKY has not done really anything of note in this WC. However, I get the feeling we will need his batting to win the WC vs Australia.

Ash for Kuldeep is a potential wild card here.

3 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Bumrah will be playing on his homeground. I see the best from Bumrah coming in the finals, maybe even a fifer.

Whatever the jitters he had, semi final covered it up, he struggled upfront buy bowled really well in middle & death.

Kuldeep is on song and though didn't pickup wickets, hasn't shown any signs of mental weakness in crunch situation, says how far he has came forward.

Siraj need some support from pitch, but I think he will get a wicket or two with the new ball. 

I think semi's was our "choking" hurdle..we crossed it courtesy of experienced Shami. Now the bowlers will perform in finals for sure.

I am more worried about the batters though.

Kuldeep could be vulnerable here, Ash replacing him may be something from left field.