There is no excuse for KL & RAT going 20 overs without scoring a boundary after being 80/2 after 10

sage

I think they should have rotated strike more but I think we can't fully blame them when Surya and Jadeja have got rarely much batting before and pitch was two paced, if it was plan to have slow pitch here they should have played many more matches in pitch like this  with so many good pitches given India literally seemed like they had no idea what good score pitch will be and we just didn't seem adjust slower pitch till we are 3 down and then we literally seemed like we had no idea how to pace innings for this pitch  

Honestly I think biggest mistake to prepare pitch based on opposition weakness  rather than our strength  in tournament which had worked great

Our future players or recent new players disappointed on big day more than seniors Rohit and Virat played well. Yes could have been little more responsible but then it is a team game and other future youngsters failed and that was bigger reason for us not doing well today when you have Rahul batting extremely slow, and Gill and Iyer failing in a batting lineup which doesn’t have Ashwin as lower order bat. Too much reliance on Rohit and Virat on the big day. They batted slightly better than average 

Remember we were 148 in 24 overs when Kohli got out. RR was in check. Our lower order is piss poor. 

Rohit threw it away. Had it he batted till 25 overs, india would have been 160 in 25 overs and 300 would have been on. kohli started off with 3 boundaries against strarc. Kohli was going run a ball and only dropped to 90% strike rate. KL RAHUL played 107 deliveries, he could have scored at 90 percent strike rate which would have meant, he would have added 30 more runs. Ind would have scored 280 and it would have been game on.

Trying to play Aussies on slow pitch back fired. It was the same wicket where Pakistan was bundled out for 192.

This will repeat again if we lose toss. Conditions do play a masssive part in cricket. When you have 2 top teams competing even a slight advantage can lead to a win. Thats why england aus are best countries to play cricket. Play day matches. Skills against skills. No undue advantage of dew during bowling or batting. 

13 minutes ago, neel roy said:

This will repeat again if we lose toss. Conditions do play a masssive part in cricket. When you have 2 top teams competing even a slight advantage can lead to a win. Thats why england aus are best countries to play cricket. Play day matches. Skills against skills. No undue advantage of dew during bowling or batting. 

In India matches starting at 10am and finishing at 5pm need to be scheduled to take dew out of the equation.

5 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

In India matches starting at 10am and finishing at 5pm need to be scheduled to take dew out of the equation.

5 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

At least the ko s and final. I understand people go to work and all and so media wants it to be day night. But if final is on Sunday do we still need day night match. Do you think media will lose out on any eyeballs if we start at 10 am. At least it will be fair and square. 

11 minutes ago, neel roy said:

At least the ko s and final. I understand people go to work and all and so media wants it to be day night. But if final is on Sunday do we still need day night match. Do you think media will lose out on any eyeballs if we start at 10 am. At least it will be fair and square. 

They can play all the bilaterals as day-night games but ICC tourneys should be played during the day time to have similar conditions for both the teams.

Kohli scored a 50 with about 90 strike rate. He didn't waste much despite not scoring a boundary. KL got totally bogged down. Both were shackled because they know there's only unreliable SKY to follow, after which it is just Jadeja and the tail. If Kohli had been lucky with that ball sailing over the stumps instead of knocking it off, it may have been a different game. 

13 minutes ago, nevada said:

Kohli scored a 50 with about 90 strike rate. He didn't waste much despite not scoring a boundary. KL got totally bogged down. Both were shackled because they know there's only unreliable SKY to follow, after which it is just Jadeja and the tail. If Kohli had been lucky with that ball sailing over the stumps instead of knocking it off, it may have been a different game. 

Doubt it. We may have scored 15-20 runs more at max, which wouldn't have made much of a difference to the result.

7 hours ago, rising said:

I think they should have rotated strike more but I think we can't fully blame them when Surya and Jadeja have got rarely much batting before and pitch was two paced, if it was plan to have slow pitch here they should have played many more matches in pitch like this  with so many good pitches given India literally seemed like they had no idea what good score pitch will be and we just didn't seem adjust slower pitch till we are 3 down and then we literally seemed like we had no idea how to pace innings for this pitch  

Honestly I think biggest mistake to prepare pitch based on opposition weakness  rather than our strength  in tournament which had worked great

Madness of Indian Cricket right here.

Can someone explain then why SKY and Jaddu were not promoted in the group games once India secured finals qualification? Why were they not promoted in the batting order during meaningless irrelevant useless bilateral games?

The Captain and Team Management are so uneducated about the game of cricket.