Usman Khawaja charged by ICC for wearing black armband at Perth Test

Australia batter wore the armband in place of taking the field with writing on his shoes - saying "all lives are equal" and "freedom is a human right" - to raise awareness of the humanitarian crisis in Gaza

372542.jpg

""The ICC have told me I can't wear my shoes on the field because they feel it's a political statement under their guidelines. I don't believe it's so. It's a humanitarian appeal. I will respect their view and decision. But I will fight it and seek to gain approval.""

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/usman-khawaja-charged-by-icc-for-wearing-black-armband-at-perth-test-1413824

22 hours ago, Gollum said:

Isme bhi Pakistan cricket team haar gaya. Thought they'd pull out this stunt first.

Crowd bhi pel diye gaye hain Perth mein...

Australia vs Pakistan 1st test: Fans asked to leave the stadium after Pro-Palestinian banners in Perth

"Two fans :hysterical: were ejected from the Optus Stadium in Perth by the security staff during the fourth day of the first test between Australia vs Pakistan test, according to the Australian media reports. A banner was unfurled by two fans at the Justin Langer Stand, which was later confiscated after 10-15 mins at the time when Usman Khawaja was in the middle. It has been reported that the fans were chanting Pro-Palestinian slogans as well. The fans were later asked to leave the stadium. "

46 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Crowd bhi pel diye gaye hain Perth mein...

Australia vs Pakistan 1st test: Fans asked to leave the stadium after Pro-Palestinian banners in Perth

"Two fans :hysterical: were ejected from the Optus Stadium in Perth by the security staff during the fourth day of the first test between Australia vs Pakistan test, according to the Australian media reports. A banner was unfurled by two fans at the Justin Langer Stand, which was later confiscated after 10-15 mins at the time when Usman Khawaja was in the middle. It has been reported that the fans were chanting Pro-Palestinian slogans as well. The fans were later asked to leave the stadium. "

Do they have a statue of JL deliberately flicking a bail off and appealing for hit wicket?

15 hours ago, Iconoclast said:

Big L for the ICC.

If they would have ignored it no one would notice, no one would care.

But now their double standards will be scrutinized in the media.

Pakistani brethren should look to gift this guy a easy Ton on Boxing day...  Though it may eventually happen anyway coz of your Trundler army u have just taken over there... 

Message would be loud and clear PCT stands with Ussie Khawaja...  And Wasim Akram should put his house near Melbourne naala on auction for Palestine cause. 

Only then this issue would be highlighted more. 

On 12/22/2023 at 4:58 AM, IndianRenegade said:

ICC ventured in to politics with BLM, it was fine with it because it with it aligned with its politics. But this isn’t fine because the ppl in power side with Israel.

it should have stuck to no politics rule even when it aligned with its politics & there would have been no issue now.

Pretty much this. The ICC is simply picking and choosing what aligns with their agenda. 

Usman well within his rights to wear the armband. 

On 12/21/2023 at 7:45 PM, coffee_rules said:

No political statements unless apprved by ICC like the 'Taking the Knee"!! Good policy, but has to be all political messages. Why allow the Knee circus? Esp from the idiot Pandya!!

He just said 'All lives are equal'. Are they not?