Rohit Sharma asks visiting teams to Keep Mouths Shut when they travel India

A two-day Test is bound to generate a lot of question marks. The same is happening with the India vs South Africa second Test that ended in less than five sessions on Thursday. As many as 23 wickets tumbled on day one with the hosts being bowled out for 55 and the visitors for 153 before India lost three more wickets in their second innings. In the second session of the second day, India completed the task in 12 overs. Only 107 overs were bowled - making it the shortest Test match ever.

While not directly criticizing the pitch, Indian cricket team captain Rohit Sharma had a lot to say on the people criticizing the Indian pitches, who complain about the spin tracks.

"I mean, we saw what happened in this match, how the pitch played and stuff like that. I honestly don't mind playing on pitches like this. As long as everyone keeps their mouth shut in India and don't talk too much about Indian pitches, honestly," Rohit Sharma said.

"Because you come here [in Test cricket] to challenge yourself. Yes, it is dangerous. It is challenging. So, and when people come to India, it is again pretty challenging as well. Look, when you are here to play Test cricket, we talk about Test cricket, the ultimate prize, Test cricket being the pinnacle and stuff like that. I think it's important that we also stand by it."

"Don't Talk...": Fuming Rohit Sharma Wants Indian Pitch Critics 'To Keep Mouths Shut' After 2-Day India vs South Africa Test | Cricket News (ndtv.com)

the article i read says he was targetign match referrees.

anyone have a link to the full post match press conference, the algos normally put it on youtube for me but can't find it. i assume this where he said all this

Lyon is the best non-Indian spinner of the last 10-15 years. See how lethal he was in Indore last year. But on the patta in Ahmedabad, the gulf in class between Ashwin and him on our pitches came to the forefront. Jadeja has also shown his level on flatter Indian pitches, I have never seen a visiting spinner succeed against us on such pitches, not even Murali/Warne. I am not saying go for such flat pitches, just find a balance and avoid extreme of anything, be like Buddha who always spoke of the middle path. 

Edited by Gollum
4 minutes ago, Gollum said:

He is right about the double standards championed by gora establishment. But we also should avoid extreme pitches at home, the pitches we gave SA in 2019, no team in history can challenge us. Our spinners and pacers will do well, young batsmen will get runs under their belt and learn the art of playing long innings, matches will go for 4-5 days and entertain the fans. Nothing to gain by by making Pune/Indore type pitches which needlessly brings opponent into the match and also is detrimental to development of our players. 

Bingo.

2 opposing statements can be true at the same time in different contexts.

"I still can't believe that the World Cup final pitch was rated below average [it was rated average]. A batsman got a hundred there in the final. How can that be a poor pitch?"

going by rohit's logic markram scored hundred in this test too...

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Lyon is the best non-Indian spinner of the last 10-15 years. See how lethal he was in Indore last year. But on the patta in Ahmedabad, the gulf in class between Ashwin and him on our pitches came to the forefront. Jadeja has also shown his level on flatter Indian pitches, I have never seen a visiting spinner succeed against us on such pitches, not even Murali/Warne. I am not saying go for such flat pitches, just find a balance and avoid extreme of anything, be like Buddha who always spoke of the middle path. 

yes, best option is to have moderate turners with some degree of deterioration. in this way, likes of ash-jaddu can do ok, whereas likes of lyon can get tonked - I remember the thrashing MSD handed out to him.

I just hope this stubborn management doesn't order rank turners to prove some point or spite journalists, goras etc. Make pitches which ensure at least 20 days of cricket in the coming 5 test series and I guarantee the result will be similar to 2016. Tamper with the pitches and we all saw what happened in the WC final, kuch toh sabak seekho. 

8 minutes ago, Gollum said:

I just hope this stubborn management doesn't order rank turners to prove some point or spite journalists, goras etc. Make pitches which ensure at least 20 days of cricket in the coming 5 test series and I guarantee the result will be similar to 2016. Tamper with the pitches and we all saw what happened in the WC final, kuch toh sabak seekho. 

yep, it will backfire big time if we make bunsens. but dravid/bcci will probably order just that.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

He is right about the double standards championed by gora establishment. But we also should avoid extreme pitches at home, the pitches we gave SA in 2019, no team in history can challenge us. Our spinners and pacers will do well, young batsmen will get runs under their belt and learn the art of playing long innings, matches will go for 4-5 days and entertain the fans. Nothing to gain by by making Pune/Indore type pitches which needlessly brings opponent into the match and also is detrimental to development of our players. 

Most pitches are like 2019 SA only, but they still  cry. 

Matches going to 4-5th day also depends on skill of batsmen to counter spin/pace. 

11 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Rohit: Cape Town win 'right up there' with Gabba

Is this guy an idiot.This should never should have become a contest from day 1 lunch.It is pathetic batting which brought SA back in the game. 153/4 to 153 all out, it was more due  inept batting than pitch.

is he comparing a win against full strength Aus by an India C team with not so full strength SA by an almost full strength India? He is a bigger idiot than I thought.

Edited by IndianRenegade
26 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Is this guy an idiot.This should never should have become a contest from day 1 lunch.It is pathetic batting which brought SA back in the game. 153/4 to 153 all out, it was more due  inept batting than pitch.

Rohit has gone mad. 

26 minutes ago, putrevus said:

No wonder our team is so bad.

What kind of long term strategy can we expect from these delusional jokers?

Reprehensible.

Looks like Pat Cummins is gonna extract revenge by thrashing us (by year end) if such delusions persist.

10 minutes ago, sensible-indian said:

No wonder our team is so bad.

What kind of long term strategy can we expect from these delusional jokers?

Reprehensible.

Looks like Pat Cummins is gonna extract revenge by thrashing us (by year end) if such delusions persist.

That is the coach's problem too.

1 hour ago, IndianRenegade said:

is he comparing a win against full strength Aus by an India C team with not so full strength SA by an almost full strength India? He is a bigger idiot than I thought.

Eh? SA is full strength. We are missing pant sundar and shami.