Jasprit Bumrah - Best average in last 100 years (min 150 wkts)

51 minutes ago, express bowling said:

As a student, seeing high quality fast bowlers ftom other countries win matches and terrorise batters, I always dreamt of India having two Fast bowlers who average 23 or less in Test matches and can bowl at 90 mph.

Took a long time to come, but Bumrah has done both.  

Thank you Boom !

I remember you started a thread here back in 2016-17 iirc that he should be given a chance in test cricket.

Quite an epic call.

ATG - GOAT material.

The world has never seen such a complete pacer like Bummy.

Can bowl in tests, odis and t20s.

Great at both conventional and reverse swing. More so with reverse swing.

Can get the ball to jag around after pitching at every stage of the game.

Incredible slower delivery that's lethal in all formats.

A mean yorker to boot.

Can open the bowling, bowl in the middle overs and then go on to york batsmen at the death.

Can turn the game around by delivering a Steyneque knockout spell on a dead or batting friendly track (Oval, Vizag).

The only bowler who had it all like him was Wasim Akram.

I don't know the cricviz swing and seam stats, but from my memory, Bummy gets more seam while Akram gets more swing.

Glenn McGrath was the most scary and clutch bowler I have ever seen in my life...but I am not sure he would have the same aura he had playing ODIs and T20s in the modern era. But he would totally destroy modern test bats for sure with DRS in play.

Coming back to Bummy, he has the potential to retire as the greatest all format, all conditions, all situation bowler the world has ever seen. :bow:

Edited by sensible-indian

On his way to be an ALG. Wil be interesting to see where he ends up when he retires . He is at the peak of his game, whether he loses some average at the later stage of his career and if he does , how much. Waqar Younis had much lower average at his peak but lost some later on , as did Imran Khan. 

Edited by First class
1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Different class from the rest. KP and Gough were giggling at the chasm between what Bumrah brings to the party and the ineptness of Kumar.

However Bumraj needs quality support othwewise will burn out/get injured carrying the burden of the bowling. 

He won't be overworked at home conditions but can be overseas. Lets just hope that Shami lasts another few years and one of Mavi,Siraj and Malik can make it stick to fill Shami's shoes as Bumrah's partner.

3 hours ago, sensible-indian said:

ATG - GOAT material.

The world has never seen such a complete pacer like Bummy.

Can bowl in tests, odis and t20s.

Great at both conventional and reverse swing. More so with reverse swing.

Can get the ball to jag around after pitching at every stage of the game.

Incredible slower delivery that's lethal in all formats.

A mean yorker to boot.

Can open the bowling, bowl in the middle overs and then go on to york batsmen at the death.

Can turn the game around by delivering a Steyneque knockout spell on a dead or batting friendly track (Oval, Vizag).

The only bowler who had it all like him was Wasim Akram.

I don't know the cricviz swing and seam stats, but from my memory, Bummy gets more seam while Akram gets more swing.

Glenn McGrath was the most scary and clutch bowler I have ever seen in my life...but I am not sure he would have the same aura he had playing ODIs and T20s in the modern era. But he would totally destroy modern test bats for sure with DRS in play.

Coming back to Bummy, he has the potential to retire as the greatest all format, all conditions, all situation bowler the world has ever seen. :bow:

Just stay healthy. And hope they minimize his workload in t20s.