Is this the best home series in recent times ?

I think other than BGT 2016-17 this is easily the best series I have seen in India in a long time.

Every game is full of twist and turns. One team takes the lead, another catches up and gets past it. 

Except last 2 days of Rajkot, where England were beaten to pulp.

Another good thing about this series is some really good performances from youngsters like Yashaswi, Hartley, Jurel, Sarfaraz, Bashir and Akash.

Edited by Number
22 minutes ago, nevada said:

Not for me! India should have been 3-0 up. We are not playing consistently well, captaincy is only sporadically good, spinners have declined, batting line-up is still trying to establish itself. 

To be fair an Indian full strength team if plays to its potential will brush aside even world XIs in India.

In terms of thrills it is definitely a good series to follow.

Edited by Number

Very happy to see Akashdeep, Jurel, Sarfaraz doing well. 

Also, I was never really sold on Kuldeep as a Test player but his ability to bat long periods has changed my opinion. We can play a wrist spinner without compromising batting depth.

Kuldeep's batting has been the most impressive highlight of this series. 

Yup, Indian batting has ensured that the series stays competitive.

Hopefully, they don't have similar plans for tomorrow and bat sensibly to win the game and the series.

Ashwin looked out of sorts this series but he responded right on time and produced a 5-fer exactly when India needed. Kuldeep has been superb as well while Jadeja did the job in the first innings with bowl.

Jurel deserves all the credit too for having a stellar match with gloves and bat both. What a knock that was in first inning, one to remember for a long time.

26 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

yes absolutely. start of day and end of day are like two separate games. I won't be shocked if we lose tomorrow 

yes, this batting can collapse easily. Patidar should not play at the crucial no. 4 position.