To all those dreamers…..

maniac

52 minutes ago, maniac said:

I know Dravid too well.

The harsh truth is Mohit Sharma, Mukesh Kumar, Bumrah,Arshdeep and Siraj/ Shami (if fit) will be our pace bowling attack in WT20. That already feels like too many pacers in the squad for WI

So all those dreaming of Harshit Rana, Mayank Yadav etc, won’t spoil the fun :nice:

Siraj or Shami will make it depending if Hardik is bowling. Also Dube might make  the squad so he can bowl dibbly-dobbly cutters too. 

pace attack favored by Mamba (mhambrey) and dravid:

harshal

mukesh

mohit

boobi

3 hours ago, maniac said:

I know Dravid too well.

The harsh truth is Mohit Sharma, Mukesh Kumar, Bumrah,Arshdeep and Siraj/ Shami (if fit) will be our pace bowling attack in WT20. That already feels like too many pacers in the squad for WI

So all those dreaming of Harshit Rana, Mayank Yadav etc, won’t spoil the fun :nice:

Siraj or Shami will make it depending if Hardik is bowling. Also Dube might make  the squad so he can bowl dibbly-dobbly cutters too. 

I hope Agarkar will select Mayank as he had selected Sarfaraz,Jurel,Akashdeep against the wishes of Dravid

There will be 4 fast bowlers in the squad of 15 (not including Pandya).
Bumrah is locked but the next 3 spots are still open.

Siraj should make unless he has a horrible IPL.
Arshdeep is also more or less certain because of left arm quota

Mukesh or Avesh can also sneak in because Dravid has fetish for them.
Deepak Chahar can also get in because of trundler quota and batting ability.
Mayank and Harshit are wild card picks but Dravid is a coward and follows a pecking order.

Then there is an outside case for Sharmas and Kumars to come back- Mohit, Sandeep and Bhuvi.

Edited by deepdynamo

Bumrah, Arshdeep and Mukesh are going.

One slot left.

Dravid will want Mohit or Sanderp Sharma or Avesh Khan. 

Agarkar will want Mayank.  

Even if Agarkar gets his way, will Dravid play Mayank in the 11   ? 

And there is a good chance that Dravid will get Mohit etc. 

Edited by express bowling

Siraj is having horrible ipl, plus he is not even a T20 regular for us. Shami already confirmed he won't be available till September. Mukesh is dropped from his best format (tests), doubt they'll pick him in T20s after that. 

So I guess Arshdeep will be there along with Bumrah and two more slots open. Mayank just got two MOTMs in a row which is quite rare. If he can pick another two MoTMs, he'll be in the front row I think. Big names are talking about him on twitter already. I hope Harshit Rana gets to bat at some point so that he can leap ahead of Chahar, thakur etc

Mohit got purple cap last year but still didn't get picked for any T20 series. Zero chances that they'll take a 35 yo directly into wc

There's more chances for Akash Madhwal to get picked in MI quota if he keeps up the good performances. He's also chummy with Rohit more than their captain Pandya 

6 hours ago, maniac said:

I know Dravid too well.

You forgot allrounder Harshal Patel! 3D Shankar is available too, just in case. 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

One slot left.

Arshdeep seems to have lost that edge..  Negative PR from guys like Pathan and Chopra isn't helping him...  His perception of a good death bowler is already destroyed. 

So far Mukesh is favorite to get selected on Dravid quota... 

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

One slot left.

Not him.

Avesh Khan will topple Arshdeep now for sure.

Arshdeep is neither a good new ball bowler, nor an old ball bowler anymore. He is just there.

7 hours ago, maniac said:

I know Dravid too well.

Let us dream bhai,

Reality is anyway painful to see...same washed up, tired and beaten faces again & again showing up from last 10 years.

Reminds me of "Feroz Khan" in Welcome movie, the minute you think these faces will retire...they will do some magic in IPL/Bilateral and come back alive to scheme of things by saying "abhi hum zinda hai".

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Not him.

Avesh Khan will topple Arshdeep now for sure.

Arshdeep is neither a good new ball bowler, nor an old ball bowler anymore. He is just there.

There was a Disastrous agenda of making him a test bowler...  Thank god that didn't materialize...  Indian clueless swing loving fans were making him into a Wasim Akram clone for all money :phehe:

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

One slot left.

I am hoping that only boomer is confirmed. it would be terrible to see arshdeep in current form. I recognize that trundler quota exists, but only 1-2 at most should be chosen out of arshdeep, avesh, mukesh, mohit, sandeep, boobi, harshal.

Is Dravid the selector or what.

If Mayank continues like this, he will be selected. Agarkar will make it happen.  

IPL has 10 teams with too many bowlers. I get the Idea of the thread but there are no really sure shot selections other than Bumrah. Shami/Siraj can be dropped and they have been previously dropped.

Exceptional performances will have a chance. So far Mayank is the only one to tick that box.

12 minutes ago, Lord said:

Gist of the thread :

If Mayank gets selected, it'll be because Agarkar wanted him and put his foot down

If he doesn't then it's because Dravid doesn't want him despite Agarkar wanting him. Then Agarkar could not do anything.

It's almost as if everyone knows for sure that Dravid is calling all the shots when it comes to selection , strategy everything .

Rohit Sharma , Agarkar , Jay Shah have no say at all and are at Dravid's mercy .

Very plausible :giggle: