Gavaskar opens up - kohli the emperor still wears no clothes

Gavaskar to Kohli after kohli slow innings and slow strike rate comment with kohli replying - outside noise etc 

"Commentators questioned only when his strike rate was 118. I'm not too sure. I don't watch too many matches, so I don't know what the other commentators have said otherwise. But if you come and open and then have a strike of 118 when you get out in the 14th or the 15th over, I mean, if you want applause for that, that's a little bit different."

"All these guys talk about, 'oh we don't care about outside noise'. Accha! Then why are you replying to any outside noise or whatever it is? We all played a bit of cricket, not a lot of cricket. We don't have agendas. We speak about what we see. We don't necessarily have any likes and dislikes. Even if we have likes and dislikes, we actually speak on what is happening."

"I hope Star Sports realises that when that clip is shown, questioning the critics, the critics are your own commentators. For you to show the person belittling your own commentators, I'm not sure that's a great thing. You need to realise you have shown it enough times, everybody's got the message. I would be very disappointed if you show it once more."

Gavaskar and Hayden have come out stating what’s wrong with Kohli batting. 

kohli , media and fans are now playing Gavaskar 36 not out on media . 

For once I feel bad for Gavaskar . His 36 not out was in an era when we were slightly above Zimbabwe and basically a bunch of decent test cricketers and our batsmen had to learn to survive pace . He actually evolved and by time he retired he hit a run a ball century. SG has always been a brave cricketer and highly passionate about India . 

kohli the brat has insulted Kumble , SG .. one was our all time great match winner , other our all time great batsman . 

Hope this curse called Kohli ends in 2024 .

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Man if he fails in WT20 this time...  There won't be any hiding...  The backlash he will receive will be otherworldly.

Phattu Dravid Agarkar and BCCI should have shown some b**lls and dropped all three of Ro Ko and Fraud

It's hard man. In corporate world. Power politics, pressure from business groups with vested interest and then nepo quota etc. 

It's very difficult to make decisions. I am certain agarkar would like to do this differently and select appropriate players for the market but he has to account for brand value. Marketability and investors etc. Who puts butts on seats etc.

52 minutes ago, Kron said:

It's hard man. In corporate world. Power politics, pressure from business groups with vested interest and then nepo quota etc. 

It's very difficult to make decisions. I am certain agarkar would like to do this differently and select appropriate players for the market but he has to account for brand value. Marketability and investors etc. Who puts butts on seats etc.

Ultimate is winning . 

If India continues to loose icc trophies , who will label indian cricketers as greats ?? 
except bumrah , pant , ashwin and jadeja in tests  we don’t have anyone who can be a certified great . 

in odi maybe sharma and dhawan in last 10 years . 

in t20 we have been useless . 

Most of us know this . Look at the Aussies to know what a true match winner is and whom to play when . Their odi wc winning captain is not their t20 captain .. our odi wc loosing captain , 35 plus , is leading our t20 

we are praying for doctored spin pitches in West Indies , 

4 hours ago, mani sha said:

Gavaskar and Hayden have come out stating what’s wrong with Kohli batting. 

kohli , media and fans are now playing Gavaskar 36 not out on media . 

For once I feel bad for Gavaskar . His 36 not out was in an era when we were slightly above Zimbabwe and basically a bunch of decent test cricketers and our batsmen had to learn to survive pace . He actually evolved and by time he retired he hit a run a ball century. SG has always been a brave cricketer and highly passionate about India . 

kohli the brat has insulted Kumble , SG .. one was our all time great match winner , other our all time great batsman . 

Hope this curse called Kohli ends in 2024 .

That Gavaskar 36* match was India's first ever odi.

Really hoping we're done with Kohli after this WT20. Time to move on from a lost decade. Embarrassing that the so called "King" failed across every format when it counted and couldn't even fluke one single ICC tourney when there were barely 3 good teams in the fray (Aus, Eng, and possibly NZ).

58 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

That Gavaskar 36* match was India's first ever odi.

Really hoping we're done with Kohli after this WT20. Time to move on from a lost decade. Embarrassing that the so called "King" failed across every format when it counted and couldn't even fluke one single ICC tourney when there were barely 3 good teams in the fray (Aus, Eng, and possibly NZ).

it wasn't the first ever ODI for india, that was in 1974 - I recall it well. moreover, even though the times were different, that was still a cringey knock from sunny.

and I am not defending kohli here. people who have been here long enough on ICF know that I criticized him even close to his peak years.

Posted (edited)

10001 Kohli bashing thread by op who is known rabid Kohli hater  and Rohit is odi great and HTB Ashwin and Jadeja are test great :phehe:

Edited by VT87
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, VT87 said:

10001 Kohli bashing thread by op who is known rabid Kohli hater  and Rohit is odi great and HTB Ashwin and Jadeja are test great :phehe:

Dont hate kohli  . Good batsman but political and pr guy . 

note how he tries to answer SG back . 

Kohli has insulted Kumble and SG now . 

for me , kumble was the best test winner India has produced . Even in odi and t20 he was good if not great . Humble and intelligent . 

SG batted and showed a spine against fast bowlers . He inspired a generation of batsmen and only SRT became greater than him . If he tells something , he is got your back . He wants kohli to improve on his weakness . brat comes and says crap again. 

Ask brat to  face one ball from Roberts Andy and Malcolm Marshall without helmet like SG . Not many can do . When such a man comments , u listen , grasp and improve urself . 

I was not a huge SRT fan in latter half of his career - but now I realise how good he was . God was humble even in last game . 

kohli is at best a mediocre batsman and an average person . 

ask him to win one trophy for India - I will shut up forever.

Edited by mani sha
Spell check
51 minutes ago, mani sha said:

ask him to win one trophy for India - I will shut up forever.

Don't hold your breath. The only thing you hear from him is excuses... "we had one bad session", "we had poor 15 mins", "we were not brave enough". It's embarrassing that someone like Travis Head has had more impact in one year (2023) than the so called King across all his career.

43 minutes ago, kosingh said:

Outside of the match fixers, Kohli is the most selfish cricketer to have ever played for India. 

Jadeja takes the crown. I don't think anyone will surpass him in that category in the future too.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Adamant said:

Kohli has won more ICC trophies than Kumble and Sachin combined. 

His performances have won us CT and World cup along with being MOTM in 3 tournaments. 

Dhoni won us many cups, please bring him back! He should play in 2024 too because he won in the past!

Edited by New guy
2 hours ago, New guy said:

Dhoni won us many cups, please bring him back! He should play in 2024 too because he won in the past!

being a professional, one cannot live on past glory... especially if there are better players for the role. (Gaikwad for Kohli )

21 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Man if he fails in WT20 this time...  There won't be any hiding...  The backlash he will receive will be otherworldly.

Phattu Dravid Agarkar and BCCI should have shown some b**lls and dropped all three of Ro Ko and Fraud

He won't "fail". He is good enough to score a 440 ball 53. But the team will fail because of that.