Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

now post carona times with NO SALIVA...Swing bowlers are hit big time, anderson looked like a joke of a bowler and archer and wood and even stokes out bowled him in this Test match.

even gabriel who was bowling from 85mph to 94 mph got 9 wickets and won the Man on the match.

woods bowled too short and did create chances , archer got 5 wickets and bowled 85 to 93 mph and bowled a lot of bouncers , he got few batsman out twice too, created many chances.

I want to highlight that POST CARONA , swing bowlers and Medium pacers will fail big time.

fast bowlers who bowl short only will also fail big time.

genuine fast bowling and Bounce bowling will succeed. tall guys like ishant will become the talk of the town.

Anderson is a spent force, yet the 38 year old managed to perform at least as well in terms of wickets as the two phaashht demons.

You don't need saliva to make the brand new ball talk, especially in Eng. Few years back him & Broad would have run through the WI batting on the third morning & WI would have been playing catch up for the rest of the game. 

40 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

now post carona times with NO SALIVA...Swing bowlers are hit big time, anderson looked like a joke of a bowler and archer and wood and even stokes out bowled him in this Test match.

even gabriel who was bowling from 85mph to 94 mph got 9 wickets and won the Man on the match.

woods bowled too short and did create chances , archer got 5 wickets and bowled 85 to 93 mph and bowled a lot of bouncers , he got few batsman out twice too, created many chances.

I want to highlight that POST CARONA , swing bowlers and Medium pacers will fail big time.

genuine fast bowling and Bounce bowling will succeed. tall guys like ishant will become the talk of the town.

Your dream of seeing medium pacers vanishing will finally be true then. 

If you desire something so much, you can actually see it happening. 

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

Anderson is a spent force, yet the 38 year old managed to perform at least as well in terms of wickets as the two phaashht demons.

You don't need saliva to make the brand new ball talk, especially in Eng. Few years back him & Broad would have run through the WI batting on the third morning & WI would have been playing catch up for the rest of the game. 

Anderson in england test matches is like a LION in a Jungle , practically he turns up as the best bowler of both the teams in each innings. 

he got 3 wickets in first innings but not to take a single wicket in 15 overs in second innings possibly cost england the Match. Anderson has been taking bucket full of wickets in england and he had mastered the art to succeed in england. But may be he wont succeed that big in future.

Archer was very good in the second innings and wood was fast but not at all accurate and full, he was short most of the time.

All Swing bowlers use saliva excessively to swing the ball and maintain the ball. even fast bowlers use saliva.

Point i want to make is fast bowlers use the energy, power ,rhythm but medium pacers find it very tough with the older ball.

New Ball - even a medium pacer like Vinay kumar can sneak in a fast bowl so i agree brand new ball does not need saliva, but later it possibly helps.

As an analyst i see Fast bowlers like SHAMMI, BUMRAH, ARCHER ,( i m not counting wood as he does not possess the right length at this stage )rocking in near future. Also Very TALL fast bowlers like ISHANT,Prasidh , even tall medium pacers like WI captain succeeding.

Highly skilled bowlers like Anderson,broad ,bhuvi, deepak chahar can also succeed but only if they are medium fast and in the range of 136 to 142K. if they go slower , they will be mince meat as swing kind of diminishes with out saliva.

even our Umesh and Shammi wont succeed big time in india due to saliva not being used.

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Your dream of seeing medium pacers vanishing will finally be true then. 

If you desire something so much, you can actually see it happening. 

Sahi pakda hain. thanks.

if i am in the selection committee, i would keep 7 to 9 fast bowlers playing for india , rotated across formats.

any fast bowler who slows down(like umesh) would be warned to increase speed else sent back to domestic circuit.

Slow balls and knuckle balls would be welcome but once or twice in an over. no over use of slow balls, knuckle balls , slow bouncers. use them but not as a norm.

Fast bowling is serious hard work, if the fast bowler gets his mojo, he can run thru a line up and win a Test.

6 hours ago, Stan AF said:

In 2nd innings, Archer bowled a really uncomfortable line/channel extracting nasty bounce just short of a good length. The wicket of roston chase is a perfect example.

As far as bowlers go I observed that Archer's bowling is straight as it gets without much room for batsmen to work around. His quick pace also reduces the batsmen's response time.

i cant agree more. if i have to pick one bowler out of the two teams , I would pick archer.

Nasty Bounce that he generated created many chances , which were not accepted by england else he would have got at least 3 to 4 more wickets.

Jofra is dangerous , he creates bounce from good length where as wood bowls too short to ball a bouncer so wood's bouncer can be managed well but archer's bouncer does not give any time. batsman thinks it will be a average ball at waist length where as it rises Up.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:58 AM, vishalvirsingh said:

I know how you feel abt medium pacers bro hehe and share the views at times. There is problem though.

For medium pacers to now be useless: no saliva is the new environment variable. Ok

For fast bouncer bowlers to be more successful; there was no impediment earlier that got removed.

So if your assertion were to be true. 

Medium and swing pacers would loose a bit of their edge with old ball and that dimension of the game would be lost. 

Fast bouncer bowling pacers would be as good as they were before. 

Ergo game got diminished a bit due to lack of saliva lol. Even if that diminished bit is a bit some hated.

instead of 2 DRS in an innings , eng and wi are having three DRS in an innings. This gives a big opportunity to bowlers as 3 times when an umpire declares a batsman NOT OUT, they can still get them OUT.

with this DRS number increasing from 2 to 3 per innings , it is kinda a WIN for the bowlers as they can get the batsman Out using an extra DRS as a tool. it helps the batsman too but I am seeing from a bowlers perspective now ( as I was an upcoming fast bowler during my early 20's and then turned into a batsman).

Now I tried to Analyse whether the DRS helps a spinner or a fast bowler or a medium Pacer.

Here I came to a conclusion that any bowler who is a bit tricky ( bowling style like kuldeep or Jasprit bumrah or slinga malinga ) and tries to hit the wickets most often and get more LBW are going to get most benefits out of the DRS system.

so its not spinners or fast bowlers or trundlers who will benefit but bowlers who aim for stumps most often if they have a coplicated bowling action then its even better for them.

Now ALL Out Stroke playing batsman like YUSUF Pathan are the one who will loose out most often as a little missed shot can cost them their wicket( get lbw). major benefices will be  Defensive batsman like Pujara who watch the ball till the last and go for controlled strokes specifically when they are playing the ball in front of the three Sticks. 

So in future technically correct batsman like DRAVID and Pujara are going to play BIG and Sloggers have a little more chance to get LBW.

I suggest with no saliva rule( which is against bowlers) , all bowlers should get 3 DRS rules in ODI and Tests and even in T20 too as when technology is available why not use it.

Also good bowlers like Bumrah, Shammi, bhuvi  who attack the stumps often may benefit.

As horses for coarse , on  days( or pitches) when the ball swings big time and with three DRS, I would play Deepak chahar and BHUVI both.

They may get 5 batsman out in first 12 overs.

This will be a big Win for Skilled bowlers too.

Archer to Campbell, OUT
banged in short, and that's perfection from Archer! Campbell's weight was premeditated to be on the front foot, but that's a mistake when you're facing a bowler who can slip in the bouncer with barely a tell in the action. Right into the rib-cage, leaping off the splice, and swallowed in the gully!
JD Campbell c Burns b Archer 32 (50b 3x4 0x6) SR: 64.00

Saw it live. Campbell had no time to react.

Said this two weeks back in this thread, somehow Anderson & Broad are still running through the WI batting, 34-4 between them. Swing & seam skill is paramount in Eng. They should get to a combined 1100 test wickets this summer, a mind boggling number.