Who is the Most Overrated Cricketer?

17 minutes ago, Sidhoni said:

Guy's been playing for 10 years now. You tell me why he hasn't established himself in tests? He has been more hyped than anyone else. Before Kohli came in we have been hearing about how Rohit is the next best thing. Now look at the two, even Rahane is so much better. The amount of chances Rohit had is more than anyone else, in every format at different batting order. With same amount of chances after repeated failures, expect anyone to do well. 

Go through this thread and you'll find more people than me who think the same way. So its good if you keep your personal attacks to yourself. 

Correct! But you should put "tests" like you did for Warner. Maniac's point is for the ODIs and T20s. 

Guptill (patta wkt ka badshah)

Rohit sharma (patta wkt ka badshah, Lucky word ka brand ambassador )

Bhuvi (that hype of his perfect line n length is ****)

Irfan pathan (contributed a lot but way overhyped)

Pujara (till the time he doesnt perform overseas )

Wahab riaz (10 saal men 1 baar chalne wala)

Afridi (razzaq deserved what afridi undeservingly got)

Ishant sharma (spearhead.... my foot)

Sachin Tendulkar (one of the greatest cricketer ...yes. But calling him God is over rating of highest order)

Rahul dravid (the whole reputation of the man of every tough situation.....nope srry.)

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Guptill (patta wkt ka badshah)

Rohit sharma (patta wkt ka badshah, Lucky word ka brand ambassador )

Bhuvi (that hype of his perfect line n length is ****)

Irfan pathan (contributed a lot but way overhyped)

Pujara (till the time he doesnt perform overseas )

Wahab riaz (10 saal men 1 baar chalne wala)

Afridi (razzaq deserved what afridi undeservingly got)

Ishant sharma (spearhead.... my foot)

Sachin Tendulkar (one of the greatest cricketer ...yes. But calling him God is over rating of highest order)

Rahul dravid (the whole reputation of the man of every tough situation.....nope srry.)

I wonder whom you rate because there will be some flaw or other for every player ever to play the game

Just now, Sidhoni said:

I don't think many people rate Ishant and Afridi for them to be overrated.

Afridi is like a role model to young pakistani cricketers. No wonder they love throwing their wkts. Afridi is a huge huge star

Both of them has played way more then they deserved. Means their teams did have huge expectations from them

1 minute ago, maniac said:

I wonder whom you rate because there will be some flaw or other for every player ever to play the game

I rate many who are mentioned above , but i have mentioned the reasons of hype. 

Incase of tendulkar calling someone god.....is bizzare. Calling him a great cricketer, genius is spot on but God thats to much. 

Another example, bhuvi the whole hype of him guarantee picking a wkt with new ball and always keeping it tight is too much. Many people have compared his line n length to mcgrath............. Laughable

2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I rate many who are mentioned above , but i have mentioned the reasons of hype. 

Incase of tendulkar calling someone god.....is bizzare. Calling him a great cricketer, genius is spot on but God thats to much. 

Another example, bhuvi the whole hype of him guarantee picking a wkt with new ball and always keeping it tight is too much. Many people have compared his line n length to mcgrath............. Laughable

How many? look obviously if you compare Bhuvi to Mcgrath that is a big joke...I don't think any logical cricket fan ever said that....I think for everyone who said Bhuvi is the king of swing and will pick up wickets at will with the new ball there are also people who called him a pathetic 110K trundler which is far from the truth as well.

He is a good bowler by Indian standards and rightfully up there as the top 4-5 fast bowlers in the country based on his performance...can you debate against that?

Now coming to Sachin-Don't know why people take that God statement seriously...that was just a good poster and catch phrase-He was the greatest or one of the greatest Top 3 cricketers ever to play the game-so how is he overrated because some people are hardcore of hardcore fans of the guy?

How many? look obviously if you compare Bhuvi to Mcgrath that is a big joke...I don't think any logical cricket fan ever said that....I think for everyone who said Bhuvi is the king of swing and will pick up wickets at will with the new ball there are also people who called him a pathetic 110K trundler which is far from the truth as well.

He is a good bowler by Indian standards and rightfully up there as the top 4-5 fast bowlers in the country based on his performance...can you debate against that?

Now coming to Sachin-Don't know why people take that God statement seriously...that was just a good poster and catch phrase-He was the greatest or one of the greatest Top 3 cricketers ever to play the game-so how is he overrated because some people are hardcore of hardcore fans of the guy?

Top 3 Batsman ? Maybe .Cricketer ? No

Currently - Kohli

Still not fully convinced by his ability to play on tough conditions .He is a great player on good wickets but on helpful wickets ? He hasn't been convincing.

Same with ODIs .He has scored a lot in bilaterals but not much in knock outs in world cup.Only pressure knock was that 100 against Pakistan.Long way to go.

Yet there are already people (even cricketers) who constantly make the claim he is even better than Sachin.

Retired - Sangakkara

Kohli has as many hundreds as Sangakkara in test cricket outside Asia .But Sangakkara is regularly is regularly compared with to top tier ATG like Dravid/Kallis/Waugh because he paddled up stats .

Heck some idiots even compare him to Lara and Sachin .

And that is without going into his fake sportsmanship lol

Easily the most overrated cricketer in recent times.