How Ordinary is Jason Holder

On 7/22/2016 at 8:10 PM, maniac said:

This guy is really poor....sad state of Westindies cricket.....guys like Gabriel or Tino Best were ordinary too but they had raw pace....Likes of Kemar Roach and James Taylor could get the best in the world out with good spells on their good days even though they might not be superstars.

How is this guy a captain is beyond me.

Well Sammy was a mediocre cricketer too but atleast a lot of us understand why he became captain....An inspiring and good individual with fantastic leadership skills.

What is the upside of Jason Holder? 

:cantstop: :cantstop: :cantstop:

On 7/22/2016 at 11:16 AM, express bowling said:

Holder and Brathwaite are not proper front-line bowlers at test level.  WI should have picked Roach and Rampaul or someone similar.

Not sure where you got this from but holder has been quite impressive in test for a while now. Everyone is talking about him now becaue of his 200 against ENG. I tend to follow WI cricket from time to time. Carlos, not sure about him

For all those mocking me

This is the way most felt about Holder back then. 

However we all love the triumph of the underdog, stories about hardwork and making it big.

Jason Holder earns my respect and admiration from being a bits and pieces player into the world class allrounder he has turned into today.

Total respect.

We need to feel proud how a player has evolved in front of our very own eyes and through hardwork and dedication became a world beater.

This thread needs to be archived and shown as a piece of history of how things evolve. A great documentary evidence of an inspirational story of Holder of course.:hatsoff:

Edited by maniac
1 hour ago, Zero_Unit said:

Not sure where you got this from but holder has been quite impressive in test for a while now. Everyone is talking about him now becaue of his 200 against ENG. I tend to follow WI cricket from time to time. Carlos, not sure about him

1.  I was talking about their bowling ... not batting.

2.   I commented about Holder's bowling in July 2016, when he was not that good a bowler.  The WI pace attack looked below par when they played both Holder and Brathwaite together.

After that, Holder has improved a lot as a bowler in test cricket.

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1.  I was talking about their bowling ... not batting.

2.   I commented about Holder's bowling in July 2016, when he was not that good a bowler.  The WI pace attack looked below par when they played both Holder and Brathwaite together.

After that, Holder has improved a lot as a bowler in test cricket.

I wasn't talking about his batting. Simply pointed out that he is getting a lot of attention because of his 200 recently. But thb he is going to turn out to be a proper allrounder. His bowling improved miles.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The key word here is improvement.  He was not a good bowler then.  He is a good bowler now.

Yep that's pretty much what I was trying to say. Not sure if you understood it or not lol. My POV - started as a panday type of player. Bits and pieces but turning out to be a proper allrounder - Bowling has improved miles from back in the days. He is a proper bowler now. Batting still needs improvement 

4 hours ago, maniac said:

For all those mocking me

This is the way most felt about Holder back then. 

However we all love the triumph of the underdog, stories about hardwork and making it big.

Jason Holder earns my respect and admiration from being a bits and pieces player into the world class allrounder he has turned into today.

Total respect.

We need to feel proud how a player has evolved in front of our very own eyes and through hardwork and dedication became a world beater.

This thread needs to be archived and shown as a piece of history of how things evolve. A great documentary evidence of an inspirational story of Holder of course.:hatsoff:

We need to show this to KL Rahul and Pandya...

Both of them have immense talent as compared to Holder...

I wish they put half the effort as Holder to justice to their talent...