Ben Duckett is going to make it big

maniac

Just now, jalebi_bhai said:

Made a big omelette today. Looks like a hack against spin.

Anyone who has had a 40+ average during the start of his career has been predicted as the next big thing by Maniac ages ago apparently.

Legend has it. Those pages can't be found anywhere, but he has predicted all those players who are to debut even in future.  :)

He has India's under 19 world cup squad squad for next 15 years already.

I am glad most of us don't work in the areas of training,coaching,teaching etc.....I mean talk about kids committing suicide or depressed due to peer pressure,bullying and parental pressure of expectations.....now add the added stigma of getting bullied by coaches.....not a great attitude.

Duckett will bounce back......Bendu has a great future and I still think the Butler(another guy whom I always thought will be an ATG) and Duckkett combo might do some unbelievable things in the LOI series.

Attapattu had 4 or 5 ducks at the start of his career still had a decent career towards teh end.

The kid is going through a learning curve......I mean fair enough if people still question my talent scouting skills but what about the professionals sitting there in ECB? sure they saw something in him too sitting on the other side of the atlantic from me.

Good he had a failure at the start and things are not handed to him on a silver platter...scary thing is he will become mentally stronger to add to his world class talent.

Right now he is going through what in sporting medical terms is called the Rohitsharmapernia

Abundance of overflowing talent-absolute swagger and disdain towards any kind of bowling in nets-Over thinking the game when the fact is their talent makes cricket as easy as eating,sleeping etc.

If I were Cook and Bayliss.. I would tell Duckett the same thing what Kumble-Kohli told him before that famous turnaround in WI where Rohit was hitting 6's for fun and ended up averaging 80+ in the Nzl series-Enjoy your game......just go out there and do what you do best......we are giving you an ultimatum of 10 more tests.

Edited by maniac
8 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Anyone who has had a 40+ average during the start of his career has been predicted as the next big thing by Maniac ages ago apparently.

Legend has it. Those pages can't be found anywhere, but he has predicted all those players who are to debut even in future.  :)

He has India's under 19 world cup squad squad for next 15 years already.

Documented proof available in the archives of ICF :icflove: I don't talk without substantial data

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Went through the thread.90% thought the same.Even @Slickr392

Some prediction that

There is a difference saying someone is good after a performance and actually predicting someone is going to be a ATG.

Stokes was an upcoming allrounder with good performances but I call that he is going to be ATG level.....since that thread he has a magnificent 200 in South Africa,2 100's in SC Bangladesh and India and important wickets in all conditions.

Grandhomme got 6 wickets in the Pak test but I didn't get too excited about his potential now Did I?

1 minute ago, sscomp32 said:

@maniac If you really think you are some kind of talent spotter then beat this by Mr.Positive @Cricketics

Yes Tics called it,I will give him that even though from day 1 I was a Kohli fan as well and knew he had it,he called it Kudos to tic but then again @Cricketics will never say  bad about any cricketer,so it evens out :phehe:

Talent spotting requires separating the diamond from the thrash.

On Topic wait till the LOI leg of this tour...Duckett...remember the name.

Here is a small difference.....saying for eg; Pujara is good...so yeah Pujara is good will average 45 or even 50+-No problem,good cricketing sense.

Cricketing acumen 101 is calling a player who gets on Lords honors board,moves mountains like hitting 264 in a game which is unheard of...Hitting 16 6's....I mean can you imagine that 16 not a typo....hitting a 200 twice...hitting one of the fastest 200's in tests against a full blooded Saouth African attack in South Africa...foreseeing that.

Nokia,Microsoft,Samsung etc. all make phones...there is only 1 Apple :makeup:

By the way for the record, that Kohli thread was created before under 19 world cup was played and world had not seen any footage of his.

Kohli was on tour to South Africa with under 19 players and I came to know through my friend that he had made to under 15. We all three played at Salwan school where Kohli used to come and play along with other players from Delhi like Nehra and Aakash Chopra. Bantu Singh our school coach was Delhi Ranji player so he used to invite these guys to our school.

Just now, Cricketics said:

By the way for the record, that Kohli thread was created before under 19 world cup was played and world had not seen any footage of his.

Kohli was on tour to South Africa with under 19 players and I came to know through my friend that he had made to under 15. We all three played at Salwan school where Kohli used to come and play along with other players from Delhi like Nehra and Aakash Chopra. Bantu Singh our school coach was Delhi Ranji player so he used to invite these guys to our school.

Ah ok...so u personally knew that guy or had some affiliation..ok I thought you saw his footwork,ability to play late,defense,attacking stroke play,fearless attitude etc. on TV  or video footage...hmmm fair enough

Just now, maniac said:

Ah ok...so u personally knew that guy or had some affiliation..ok I thought you saw his footwork,ability to play late,defense,attacking stroke play,fearless attitude etc. on TV  or video footage...hmmm fair enough

Not a very close friend, just played about 8-10 games together and practiced and then I moved to US and he continued. I knew he is going to make it big one day. There was another guy Raman Sachdeva, unfortunately, he had to take care of his family after some mishap in his family otherwise he was destined for greatness too. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Not a very close friend, just played about 8-10 games together and practiced and then I moved to US and he continued. I knew he is going to make it big one day. There was another guy Raman Sachdeva, unfortunately, he had to take care of his family after some mishap in his family otherwise he was destined for greatness too. 

Cool...nice to know.

My Classmate was Preeti Jhangiani of Mohabbatein fame in 7th,8th and 9th Std....unfortunately her career started and fizzled out before I could make a call on her talent