Should Allow All Women In Sabarimala Temple, Kerala Tells Supreme Court

Malcolm Merlyn

First of all, why is the SC poking its nose in state and religious law. Are they forcing the muslims to follow UCC now. Why this bias. Most mallu women regardless of religion dont try to enter Sabarimala. My maid (about 50 yrs which is allowed in Sabarimala) went to Sabarimala a few months ago and there was this scene when a young woman (obviously to stir up things) entered or tried to enter. My maid was saying how irreligious it is. It is said that those women who enter it against the religious law invite a curse. It seems these people don't care.

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

My maid was saying how irreligious it is. It is said that those women who enter it against the religious law invite a curse. It seems these people don't care.

Does your old maid represent all mallu women?

Do you want all mallu women to stay at the same social level as your maid?

What is the use of education if people can't get beyond the scare of some curse ?

12 minutes ago, beetle said:

Does your old maid represent all mallu women?

Do you want all mallu women to stay at the same social level as your maid?

What is the use of education if people can't get beyond the scare of some curse ?

My maid is Tamil so am I. Her social level has nothing to do with it. Why are you even going there. Are you a commie? :phehe: Its a mallu  tradition not mine. Go ask @CSK Fan

16 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

My maid is Tamil so am I. Her social level has nothing to do with it. Why are you even going there. Are you a commie? :phehe: Its a mallu  tradition not mine. Go ask @CSK Fan

No ...not a commie.

Just believe that people who think women of the menstruating  age are impure, don't deserve to be born .Nor should they have a child with the impure women. Find menopausal women to have kids or better still make them yourself .

https://www.firstpost.com/india/supreme-court-to-hear-pune-couples-plea-seeking-entry-of-muslim-women-into-mosques-cites-sabarimala-judgment-6456431.html

SC is feeling the ripples of it's Sabarimala judgement. 

I am not entirely against it's earlier verdict and only expect that the court has the same views on gender equality in each case, basically the blindfold, balance scale & sword are applicable to one & all.

1 hour ago, beetle said:

No ...not a commie.

Just believe that people who think women of the menstruating  age are impure, don't deserve to be born .Nor should they have a child with the impure women. Find menopausal women to have kids or better still make them yourself .

Fake narrative. None of what you rile is connected with the sabarimala temple entry.

4 hours ago, beetle said:

No ...not a commie.

You're a feminist aren't ya. Feminists are commies. They believe anything a man can do, a woman can do as well. ALL construction workers are men. Why aren't feminists lining up to do their work

Back to the topic, Sabarmala Ayyappa is believed to be a brahmachari. So menstruating women are advised to not go there. What bothers you so much. Do you believe that anything traditional and patriarchical is evil

29 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

You're a feminist aren't ya. Feminists are commies. They believe anything a man can do, a woman can do as well. ALL construction workers are men. Why aren't feminists lining up to do their work

Back to the topic, Sabarmala Ayyappa is believed to be a brahmachari. So menstruating women are advised to not go there. What bothers you so much. Do you believe that anything traditional and patriarchical is evil

Patriarchal.....yes

Traditional....not always .

As for rest of your post....not worth the trouble of answering .

https://www.quora.com/Why-does-Sabarimala-not-allow-women-from-the-age-10-50-to-enter-the-premises

A detailed explanation from a local's perspective. @beetle Please read through it from a devotee's perspective and then decide if it's patriarchal or not..

It's easy to conclude everything superficially, but it's actual stakeholders/devotees whom should be given preference.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:21 AM, Real McCoy said:

First of all, why is the SC poking its nose in state and religious law. Are they forcing the muslims to follow UCC now. Why this bias. Most mallu women regardless of religion dont try to enter Sabarimala. My maid (about 50 yrs which is allowed in Sabarimala) went to Sabarimala a few months ago and there was this scene when a young woman (obviously to stir up things) entered or tried to enter. My maid was saying how irreligious it is. It is said that those women who enter it against the religious law invite a curse. It seems these people don't care.

This is what I like about South Indians. They stand for their traditions without caring about political correctness.

8 hours ago, beetle said:

No ...not a commie.

I believe in God, follow religion, then believe in the legend related to God. 

12 hours ago, MechEng said:

This is what I like about South Indians. They stand for their traditions without caring about political correctness.

No PC is a bit late to arrive here but it is coming. I don't know how this controversy, Jallikattu and Indian cricket has become the top priority for supreme court. Don't they have bigger fish to fry like anti-terrorist laws, regulation of alcohol and smoking. In Chennai, there was widescale peaceful protests for Jallikattu. What is more important to democracy. The views of the SC or the views of the common people. Sometimes I wonder if the SC is working counter to democracy.

Look at the movie industry. Bollywood is dead from 2000 onwards. South Indian movies are going down the same path. Its a slow poison to family values and religiosity.

16 hours ago, beetle said:

Patriarchal.....yes

Traditional....not always .

As for rest of your post....not worth the trouble of answering .

99% of things around us are patriarchal

1) Marriage -- Lot of feminists believe that marriage is in an institution of patriarchy to enslave women 

2)Religion. -- Again most religion are patriarchal by nature

Some of others are culture , movies , music and even sports have emerged from patriarchy.