10 years of IPL. Who has been the best IPL captain till date acc to your????

Ankit_sharma03

Best IPL Captain till Date  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who has been the Best IPL Captain till date Acc to you????

• Dhoni
    • Gambhir
    • Rohit
    • Kohli
    • Warne
    • Warner
    • Gilchrist
    • Kumble
    • Zaheer
    • Dravid
    • Sachin

MS Dhoni-The first Indian captain to win an IPL. Very shrewd and tactically aware while defending scores,especially choking teams with spinners.One of his brilliant moves in IPL was the use of three spinners in IPL 2010 .He made Ashwin open the bowling and that way had the luxury of having two spinners in middle ,ultimately a winning formula.Apart from that,on the whole he believed in the principle of a settled side ,which one can say has paid him rich dividends, CSK won two titles and reached finals many a times.So Dhoni definitely up there as one of the best IPL captains,if not the best.

Gautam Gambhir: After an ordinary season as captain of DD,he moved to KKR as captain and KKR has been a better side since,cant be a co-incidence,its only due to Gauti and the team he has build.He handpicked Narine in 2012 and in general believed in having a strong bowling attack,which has ultimately been the reason of KKR success.One of his strengths is going for horses for courses approach depending on pitches,opponents.

Rohit Sharma: He has been a successful captain so far.Taking control of the team mid way thrugh the season and winning the tournament,cannot be a fluke.This year he has impressed with his captaincy again and once again like MS looks like someone who believes in a settled side.

Gilly: Special mentions to Gilly,wonderful captain and the way he led DC in 2009 was wonderful.He extracted performances from players like Harmeet Singh and made him a 4 overs bowler,commendable effort.

Most overrated captain by far is Shane Warne.

Edited by BCCI

Gambhir closely followed by Dhoni.

Gambhir edges Dhoni imo because he built KKR from scratch after they had some horrendous years, Dhoni right from first season had a good and balanced squad. I also like Gambhir's captaincy on the field. Many times I noticed he goes for slightly aggressive riskier option (with bowlers, field settings) in certain phases of the game where other captains would probably go for slightly safer conventional options.

My pick:

1) Shane Warne          10/10

2) Gautam Gambhir    9.9/10

3) David Warner           4/10

4) M S Dhoni                3.9/10

5)George Bailey.           2/10

Rest don't care.

Note: Captaincy should not be rated based on number of trophies. MS Dhoni got to captain strongest (established International overseas as well as Indian players) team of IPL every season.

The reason I voted Gambhir over Warne though in the polls is his longevity as a captain and still not losing quality.

I don't like Gambhir but I vote for him because of his longetivity as a captain without getting burnt out.

MI and CSK both have good records but they both seem to have unexplained advantages at times owing to money and power which Kkr has not had.

Warner is a good captain too.

Warne's success was beginers luck.

Wondér if he would have been that sucessful had he stayed longer.

Edited by beetle