Virat or A B D (ODI format)

Was wondering who would be the best competitor for Virat in ODI format. Guess A B D is the only one who gives good competition. He has less 100's than Virat, however his SR is lot better even though A B D started his career few years before Virat.

Personally i have Virat as the better ODI batsman. Having said that i would any day pay to watch A B D in his peak innings than Virat in his peak innings if had to choose for one innings only.

image.png.2c60d79df0c05c89130c8c599bd65f5c.png

12 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

That S/R for ABD is surreal but Kohli is better since well he's a great chaser. Haven't seen that many chases that ABD has played well in.

While Kohli is called a choker and Rohit is called a minnow badger what about ABD

a choker himself in all major tourneys and some of his feats have come from absolutely bashing a hapless WI.

he is an ATG odi player no doubt but we tend to

overhype goras and put down our own

ABDV is phenominal the shots he can play , he is peerless in that. Kohli who is almost equaly unbelievable in ability, turns up on important occassions like no one else ( never seen viv bat live) but this guy dominates tough situations. So ABDV albeit potentially equal or even better in skills is a bit less in acheivement, because of stuff that no one at our level can probably know or point out - may be when these guys get old they will talk about it, as to why Kohli clicked in certain situations that ABDV did not. beats me.

Virat vs ABD in ODIs is somewhat similar to Lara and Tendy debate back in the 90s.   Lara at his best was like Mt Everest, but the problem was he had a whole lot of valleys to go with it.  While Tendy was ridiculously consistent and didn't go more than 2 or 3 tests without crossing 90.   IIRC he's scored 90+ on his first tour pretty much everywhere except Pakistan - and he was barely 16 when he went to greenBroLand.   

ABD on his day, is unparalleled.  But if you were building a team, 99 people out of 100 would probably pick Virat ahead of AB, for how reliable he is.  

I don’t know if it is IPl exploits or what but I have never seen a clutch knock by ABD ever, the test match in Australia was an exception but then again he is rated as this beast who just takes games away, apart from WI I have never seen any defining innings from him. Yes he has the stats but we tend to overrate him.

I don’t think his exploits in Odis are that much more spectacular than say Rohit Sharma who combining t20s and Odis is better than AB(personal opinion)

Kohli is on a different level.

Edited by maniac

People get into mass convulsions when Rohit name is mentioned...yes AB is leagues ahead of Rohit as a test batsman but can someone tell me some special innings  AB played  in the shorter format that Rohit hasn’t?

Serious question.

Dont pull pointless stats...Amla averages 50 with Sr of 90 as well and we know how good he is in short format. How is AB better than Rohit ?

AB Devillers- T20I

Average-26 strike rate-135 0 100s

Rohit Sharma- T20I

Average-35 strikerate-135 2 100s

joint fastest T20I 100

Wt20 South Africa- 0 semifinals Abd no performance of note

India 1 win,1final,1 semi final

in India’s win Rohit Sharma man of the match in a must win game against South Africa in a virtual qf 

Rohit Sharma 3 odi 200s, most 6s in an innings tied with AB, Highest individual score but considered minnow bashing

AB smashing WI is an incredible feat :hatsoff:

Rohit Sharma man of the match World Cup QF and CT SF....AB missing as usual

can someone please tell me again

How???

Disclaimer AB underachiever himself in tests is leagues ahead of Rohit in that format.

Stop ridiculing our own