Ban for Life - Smith, Warner

Should Smith and Warner be banned for life?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Should Smith and Warner be banned for life?

• Yes - they deserve never to set foot on the cricket field after admitting to cheating
    • No - Some severe punishment like ban for a few months or a few tests
    • May be - sitting on the fence or Don't care
    • Smith should be renamed as Afridi as a mark of respect

I think it is pretty evident that Bancroft has followed leadership advice on this saga, so he has been fined 3 demerit points. Smith gets a ban for a test and life should move on. But a lot of cricketers in Australia is calling for a life ban for Smith and Warner. I don't think it is fair.  When players who have fixed matches and come back to play (Gibbs, Amir, etc.), this kind of cheating should not call for a life ban. May be they should be banned from captaincy for sure.

NO

Lol guys who have fixed matches are welcomed with open arms in padosiland and you want ban or life ban for ball tampering

Well if you consider ball tampering to be such a major issue then

our neighbors used to make to make animal crackers out of the ball by changing it into various shapes...should all their lejundary records be expunged?

Edited by maniac

It all comes down to ethics I guess...Afridi bit the ball on TV in front of everyone,the most blatant case of ball tampering in the history of the game and he was banned for what 1 match?

Didnt he continue as captain after that for a long time?

wasnt FAF made the captain after zip gate?

why so much overreaction to this? 

Ban them for a few games,fine them and move on 

Edited by maniac

Immature thread and op, we are talking about the 2 international stalwarts here, aren't we? As long as we don't have a case of performance enhancement drug or match fixing, life ban is unimaginable on any player in any sport. Yet cricket is known to be lenient on fixers, this is what a ball rubbed with a tape by a X Cricketer on instruction of Y? Maradona "The hand of God", blatant cheating in worlds biggest sporting event continued to flourish and had a prolonged career, nuff said !!

Edited by Sean Bradley

I don't think such severe punishment should be levied upon an anyone for such puny a crime(if you wanna call it that). Although, I must admit, my chain of thoughts stems from past experience where many guys came out of such incidents, almost unscathed. Why there should be different standard for Smith and co. Yes they deserve punishment and that is already handed out by ICC coupled with vinegary outburst by Australian citizenry is enough humiliation for them as it stands. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

It all comes down to ethics I guess...Afridi bit the ball on TV in front of everyone,the most blatant case of ball tampering in the history of the game and he was banned for what 1 match?

Faf didn't admit to it and CSA covered up well ,aftidi was blatant but then we know what ethics the pcb have shown in the past l! 

In this case Smith admitted it and named the top leadership as well and their is a big backlash at home ,unlike the other two cases so CA will definitely set an example of it .

1 hour ago, maniac said:

You're comparing cricketing issue with non-cricketing issue.

Smith already got punishment by ICC for the cricketing issue.

Now whatever CA does won't be just for cricketing reasons. There is more to it. It's not limited to cricket fans and cricket boards any longer. Now govt and politicians are involved and that's how cricket has been in Australia.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/22916100/why-australia-outraged-steven-smith-team