Is Lord Jaydev Unadkat the greatest all rounder ever since Sir Garfield St Auburn Sobers ?

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

I know people would argue and make a case for Kapil/Imran/Botham/Kallis etc. But I have not seen a more effective all rounder than Sri Sri Unadkat. I mean, are those guys even all rounders ? All they did was bowl fast/medium and bat, I mean they didn't even bowl spin like Sobers. Sir Unadkat on the other hand bowls so many slower balls, that's as good as spin bowling. He also smashes fours and sixes like its some terrace cricket at the highest level: e.g. http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/8048/scorecard/1136609/kolkata-knight-riders-vs-rajasthan-royals-49th-match-ipl-2018/

One should also consider the fact that before IPL came along, cricket was played by amateurs who were fat and did bank jobs when not walking slowly around the cricket field. Look how cricketers are now going to gym and pumping iron like Salman Khan & Hritik Roshan. 

It is shocking to note that none of the above all rounders except Kallis were good enough to ever play the IPL!!! Look at the money flow to tell you the real facts: His Holiness Jaydev Unadkat gets 12 crore a year for performing at the highest stage, no other all rounder listed above comes close. 

It is such a shame that a century on debut against SA did not do much for his test career. The mighty Sri Lankans were recently humbled by his performances and that earned him a man of the series award. 

As i write this, Sir Unadkat seems capable of another half century against KKR

Sent from my wherever using computer

He recently mentioned that he is at his peak and ready to represent India in the test format

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Him strutting out to bowl in Centurion 2010 in the battle for top spot haunts me till date.

I want to know who was behind his selection.That person should never be allowed to be anywhere near indian team, I can understand him being in the squad but common they have nets for a reason if they can't identify the talent then captain and coach are useless.

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I want to know who was behind his selection.That person should never be allowed to be anywhere near indian team, I can understand him being in the squad but common they have nets for a reason if they can't identify the talent then captain and coach are useless.

Before the toss he was hyped up by the experts :facepalm:, Wasim who had worked with him in IPL nets called him the next big thing in the world of fast bowling, can't get those words out my ears either:((. After all the buildup we saw 130 kph gun barrel straight pies (not one degree of lateral swing/seam movement or variation in length/bounce)...my physics teacher used his example while teaching us rectilinear motion. Surely must have been Dhoni's call because he loved his malnourished, weedy trundlers. FGS he asked RP Singh to call off his vacation before Oval test 2011 and made him bowl at 110 kph with 3 drops before reaching keeper's gloves. 2011 end in the Mecca for fast bowlers (WACA) he made Vinay Kumar play who was promptly hit straight back over the head for 6 by Warner sitting on one knee. Trend points to the obvious because the coaches changed, only captain remained constant. 

Edited by Gollum
Before the toss he was hyped up by the experts :facepalm:, Wasim who had worked with him in IPL nets called him the next big thing in the world of fast bowling, can't get those words out my ears either:((. After all the buildup we saw 130 kph gun barrel straight pies (not one degree of lateral swing/seam movement or variation in length/bounce)...my physics teacher used his example while teaching us rectilinear motion. Surely must have been Dhoni's call because he loved his malnourished, weedy trundlers. FGS he asked RP Singh to call off his vacation before Oval test 2011 and made him bowl at 110 kph with 3 drops before reaching keeper's gloves. 2011 end in the Mecca for fast bowlers (WACA) he made Vinay Kumar play who was promptly hit straight back over the head for 6 by Warner sitting on one knee. Trend points to the obvious because the coaches changed, only captain remained constant. 
You are a physics graduate?

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Jaydev Unadkat is another gully level player
How did he got to play at the highest level will always remain a wonder to me.
Also IPL needs to change its recruitment style very soon.
All the undeserving players of the likes of Unadkat , Manish Pandey and Axar Patel are getting 11-12 crores.
Like what.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Dhoni was the captain.

I know it is asking too much to the captain primma donna to track a few good fast bowlers in domestic cricket but I believe he did not even bother looking at him in nets before picking him in the XI.

8 hours ago, rkt.india said:

its reactionary rkt this is what i was referencing to in my earlier post. Now there will be few more reactionary internet warriors in the other side for this. mod should not involve in any representation of any group in a joke that will make others look at the group differently, it makes bigotry easy for others to follow.

7 minutes ago, Vilander said:

its reactionary rkt this is what i was referencing to in my earlier post. Now there will be few more reactionary internet warriors in the other side for this. mod should not involve in any representation of any group in a joke that will make others look at the group differently, it makes bigotry easy for others to follow.

It is not reactionary.  They troll each other for years now. CSKits are no saints. It all started when they started calling MI fixed matches through Ambani money and CSK lost to MI.  Interestingly, some of them derided Tendulkar and now those Tendulkar fans deride Dhoni and many of the Dhoni fans are also CSK fans.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It all started when they started calling MI fixed matches through Ambani money and CSK lost to MI.

reconciliation start by stopping the insults - simple bigotry is not trolling - banter has to have an element of joke in it and lack of malice. Its futile really researching 'who started', the other side can always say it all started when so and so called  some one sambhar etc.