I get emotional whenever I think of Gambhir's role in my career: Navdeep Saini

8 hours ago, gambhirfan said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/afghanistan-tour-of-india/i-get-emotional-whenever-i-think-of-gambhirs-role-in-my-career-navdeep-saini/articleshow/64545542.cms

"Gautam bhaiya told me 'Jaise tennis ball se dalta hai, waise hi dal. Koi tension nahi. Baaki sab theek ho jayega (Just bowl like you bowl with a tennis ball. Everything will fall in place)'. I did what he told me and today I am here because of him. I don't know whenever I speak about Gautam Gambhir, I get emotional," an elated Saini told PTI after receiving his maiden call-up to the Indian senior team for the Afghanistan Test.

Saini had managed to impress the key Delhi player and sneaked into the Delhi Ranji team despite initial resistance from the officials, who considered him an outsider from Haryana.

Gambhir after watching him bowl for 15 minutes had decided that Saini was a rare talent, who should be groomed properly.

There were people who witnessed how Gambhir literally lost his cool during the net session when despite his repeated insistence, a Delhi selector (a distinguished former India opener) didn't even make a passing glance at Saini's bowling.

However, known for being stubborn, Gambhir got him into the team despite revolt from a notorious section of DDCA officials, who had distributed pamphlets, questioning Saini's eligibility, when he was marking his run-up for his first ever over in Ranji against Vidarbha.

"I remember every tiny little thing. I know what Gautam bhaiya had to go through to convince selectors that I was good enough to play for Delhi. Not to forget Ashish Nehra, Mithun Manhas, Sumit Narwal, who all stood by me.

"In fact, after first few matches, he (Gambhir) said that if I keep working hard at every practice session, I will play for India. He saw in me before I realised myself. Today when I look back about those days, I smile," said Saini.

Saini was summoned to bowl at the India nets during Sri Lanka series in December 2017 as the net bowler but it was Gambhir who told him to concentrate on Ranji Trophy final. 

It's not too far when he 'll start crediting someone famous after getting in to Indian team.....And 5 year down the line if he become success, all credits 'll be given to that famous personality.

Obviously cause Gauti has no influence in Indian selection and he is praising Gauti after getting selected in Indian team and remembering the old days when he was no name and Gambia backed him up then and see where he is now. So that seems like a genuine praise. Whereas  if u see the other case where a player who  doesn't even play for the famous personality franchise shower fake praise just to get in to the Indian team.

13 hours ago, gambhirfan said:

There were people who witnessed how Gambhir literally lost his cool during the net session when despite his repeated insistence, a Delhi selector (a distinguished former India opener) didn't even make a passing glance at Saini's bowling.

is that selector chetan chuahan

He will make a good selector. The good for nothing selectors that we have now are a waste of space. 

Sadly he’ll never become s selector... he’s ruffled too many feathers... To climb on BCCI steps one has be subservient, non-controversial & diplomatic... which he isn’t and won’t be ever.

Although I’ll not be surprised if Dhoni becomes selector one day, if he decides... He might even become an administrator. All he’s to do it to jump into active politics. He’s been doing part time politics for long anyway...

Sadly he’ll never become s selector... he’s ruffled too many feathers... To climb on BCCI steps one has be subservient, non-controversial & diplomatic... which he isn’t and won’t be ever.

Although I’ll not be surprised if Dhoni becomes selector one day, if he decides... He might even become an administrator. All he’s to do it to jump into active politics. He’s been doing part time politics for long anyway...
Saurav Ganguly was non subservient not diplomatic and controversial. In a few years he will be Bcci President.

GG is sowing the right seeds. These old hags like Chetan Chauhan are going to be history soon.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Dhoni will become the coach of Indian Team.

Controlling will get way easier.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

Saurav Ganguly was non subservient not diplomatic and controversial. In a few years he will be Bcci President.

GG is sowing the right seeds. These old hags like Chetan Chauhan are going to be history soon.

He has become diplomatic now

I agree with you- Dada is on his way to become BCCI president now.
Atleast head of selectors.

He was always Diplomatic... He can become BCCI chief as long as he’s diplomatic...

Urmi, Ganguly will never want to become a Selector...

He was always Diplomatic... He can become BCCI chief as long as he’s diplomatic...

Urmi, Ganguly will never want to become a Selector...
Setai Toh.
Knowing Ganguly, he will never want to become a figurehead selector sandwiched between Bunty and the BCCI head.
He will become the head instead