lamellavig

With Saha in doubt, Pant must play England

And please don't suggest DK, please don't make me laugh with that bull****. The idea of DK instead of Pant absolutely infuriates me, and I hope Kohli uses the clear logic to select Rishabh Pant. Pant, along with his efficiency, is a batsman of intelligence and finesse unlike the chancy slogging of Dinesh Karthik. That idiot must never play for India again. 

Edited by lamellavig

23 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

And please don't suggest DK, please don't make me laugh with that bull****. The idea of DK instead of Pant absolutely infuriates me, and I hope Kohli uses the clear logic to select Rishabh Pant. Pant, along with his efficiency, is a batsman of intelligence and finesse unlike the chancy slogging of Dinesh Karthik. That idiot must never play for India again. 

DK doesnt slog in Tests.He is a proper batsman and has much more FC experience than Pant.

10 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

DK doesnt slog in Tests.He is a proper batsman and has much more FC experience than Pant.

experience, but no comparable skill. 

12 minutes ago, Cricket_Fan said:

DK eont even  score double digits in England.He cant cope with Swing.

40 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

DK eont even  score double digits in England.He cant cope with Swing.

FYI, the last time Karthik was in England he was an opener and India won that series 1-0. He was one of the main reasons for our win.

My concern is not his batting, he is technically well equipped to even open. The concern is his keeping, hopefully it is better than Parthiv.

1 minute ago, Forever Indian said:

FYI, the last time Karthik was in England he was an opener and India won that series 1-0. He was one of the main reasons for our win.

My concern is not his batting, he is technically well equipped to even open. The concern is his keeping, hopefully it is better than Parthiv.

This.We need a bloody good keeper in England to win Tests.Even Dhoni had struggled there in Tests.I am not sure throwing a greenhorn Pant with very little FC expereince is a good idea.

50 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

The concern is his keeping, hopefully it is better than Parthiv.

he has to match Saha -- the guy was like a cat.. 

and our slip fielding sucks.. balls.

this is not good.

I just wish there is one *ing series where the poms and aussies dont escape with a injury hit Indian team..and act all normal services we always smash the indians types...arhhhhh 

frustrating..

4 hours ago, velu said:

management is not even giving T20 slot to Pant , and people are delusional to think about his inclusion in tests :phehe:

didn't you hear that there is no management in Indian cricket. All decision are in the hands of supreme leader Kohli, everything is his fault. 

8 hours ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Please give Pant a chance. Though knowing the selectors who didnot choose the 2nd highest run getter of IPL11 but chose Raina,poor Pant has no chance.

Raina is the hypothetical sixth bowling option for the Nexus,edges past Pant on this ,simple

11 hours ago, lamellavig said:

experience, but no comparable skill. 

KKD is one of the very few players with no visible weakness. Only problem is self-destruction. Otherwise he can take on new ball in foreign conditions. Pant has so far exhibited his skills with attacking bowlers. Don't say that is enough. First he has to find a place in T20 and ODI. That is where his game is suitable for the moment.

Pant is not even a fixture for India A 4 day team and you want him here?

I can't stand the ignorance and lack of cricket kknowledge around here by OP and his brigade like laloo. And then mods aban me for pointing out stupidity

There should be an IQ test before you gain ICF membership or else low IQ like laloo will multiply and pollute the forum with garbage threads

I can't stand the ignorance and lack of cricket kknowledge around here by OP and his brigade like laloo. And then mods aban me for pointing out stupidity

There should be an IQ test before you gain ICF membership or else low IQ like laloo will multiply and pollute the forum with garbage threads

You keep abusing MODs in this forum and complain about Moderation in every topic...
What is your problem? Laaloo hasn’t even posted in this topic...

You’ve been warned not to discuss about moderation and Mods every where. You are clearly ignoring the warnings.

Come out of your IPL hangover. It’s getting irritating now.

Damn it. Saha is gonna be missed big time. DK was good way back in 2007 but when was the last time he was regularly plating test cricket? It would be incredibly harsh to debut Pant in England against the swinging dukes ball . I guess DK is indeed the better option but pant should be back up. In the unlikely event that pitches are super flat and there is no movement either off the pitch or through the air then Pant is a gamble we can take. 

44 minutes ago, UnknownGenius said:

We actually had plans to have an IQ test...but decided against it since we didn't want to miss out on 10th fail clowns like you.

Free ka entertainment kaun nahi chahega.

5 hours ago, asterix said:

Come out of your IPL hangover

Lots of that around..lol any selection is because a particular ipl team friendships here.. People need to think before they post.

Inexperienced. Smashing a few sixes in IPL shouldn't move you ahead of more established cricketers. Picking a player because he could smash a quick 100 is ridiculous.

As pointed out above KKD has been instrumental in a test win in England. Definitely deserves first dibs.

5 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Inexperienced. Smashing a few sixes in IPL shouldn't move you ahead of more established cricketers. Picking a player because he could smash a quick 100 is ridiculous.

As pointed out above KKD has been instrumental in a test win in England. Definitely deserves first dibs.

Karthik is 33 years old. How long can he do this? Moreover, Pant averages over 50 in FC cricket and certainly has better glove work than present Karthik.  In 2007, Karthik played as a batsman.  Here, we are looking for a wicket keeper and Pant is ahead in pure wicket keeping skills.  Karthik can for sure take blinders but he also can drop dollies. Yes, for sure, i too in favor Karthik ahead of Pant atm as he has played there before but back keeper should be Pant and not Parthiv Patel.  Selectors made this same mistake before too when we played at home against England and Saha got injured, they brought in PP who dropped regulation catches and then he again replaced Saha is SA and cost us a test match with his drops. 

11 minutes ago, Sachinism said:

Karthik is for sure a better slogger than Pant, but Pant is the better batsman. Pant is also the better wicketkeeper. No logic to your claims whatsoever!

4 hours ago, Sachinism said:

Since when is dk an established cricketer? 13 years since his debut and he's not established yet. We do not want just because he smashed a 'few' sixes. We want him because he's the next best option next to Saha. 

Edited by Laaloo

Would definitely miss Saha for his work behind the stumps, if you compare battingwise DK is a safer bet than Saha imo in overseas.
If Pant was in selectors radar the signs would've been shown already. He's hasnt featured in t20s since March, so its either between DK & PP. Wont mind young Pant as a backup for DK rather than Mr.Pappu who's a complete disaster.

7 hours ago, sourab10forever said:

We actually had plans to have an IQ test...but decided against it since we didn't want to miss out on 10th fail clowns like you.

Free ka entertainment kaun nahi chahega.

Hahahaha entertainment has come from your delusional self 10 years running

Every year before start of tournament, e saala cup namde or whatever

Half way through the tournamen, you're too busy wwiping all that egg off your face

Keep up the delusional :laugh::bow: