If Kuldeep plays tests,who should be our 2nd spinner : Ash or Jaddu?

Ash vs Jaddu   

61 members have voted

1. 1. If Kuldeep plays tests,who should be the other spinner : Ash or Jaddu?

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Balance of the team has to be considered.   Ashwin can bat in the top 6 or 7 ...  which Jadeja can't.

If we play 2 spinners, I will prefer Kuldeep and Ashwin.  

Jadeja has a match-winning half-century at Lords.  Ashwin for all his batting class, has been out-done with the bat by Jaddu in the last 5-10 tests.

I'd go with Jaddu, because you can depend on him to tie one end up, and give you a solid chunk of overs in quick time - regardless of conditions.  Ashwin could well leak a ton of runs at 4+ RPO by going into his PhD-Dr.Cricket experimentation mode.  

I don't know but Kuldeep is a must but playing 2 spinners means team selection has to be quite smart

VJ

Dhawan

Pujara

Kohli

Hitman

DK

Ashwin

Bhuvi

Kuldeep

Umesh

Ishant

Hitman has booked one of the slots unfortunately I feel and I don't see Rahul playing as well

Jadeja has a match-winning half-century at Lords.  Ashwin for all his batting class, has been out-done with the bat by Jaddu in the last 5-10 tests.

I'd go with Jaddu, because you can depend on him to tie one end up, and give you a solid chunk of overs in quick time - regardless of conditions.  Ashwin could well leak a ton of runs at 4+ RPO by going into his PhD-Dr.Cricket experimentation mode.  
After all he is an engineer.
BCCI should tie up with NIT to ensure MTechs for all its players.

Sent from my CPH1609 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Vilander said:

Ash is better bowler and stronger lower order bat. 

Better bowler? Jadeja has been better in the last 3 or 4 years, not to mention Ashwin goes missing on dead tracks. As for better bat, even here Jadeja has done better than Ashwin, abeit at home.

I have a suspicion England will lay out some greentops rendering spinners useless, English curators can ensure that even in a dry summer methinks....even SA were able to do that in the middle of drought season and Eng curators are more experienced in preparing pitches. Come to think of it some of our first choice quicks aren't 100% fit, our batsmen struggle against lateral movement more than pace/bounce, they have world class pacers to exploit green pitches and the gulf in quality of spinners too can't be overcome by any other means. Won't be surprised if we are forced to repeat our Jo'berg strategy of no spinners. Vital that Bumrah, BK, Shami get fit nahi to waat lagne wali hai. 

Edited by Gollum
4 hours ago, R.D forever said:

Ash

1) County experience

2) Much better bowler compared to last overseas cycle..showed tremendous improvement in SA

3) More lefties in Eng squad

4) I hate chahal's face

Me too. But why is Chahal an option? He is not even that good in ODIs 

2 spinners in England? Why? if the last SA tour proved anything, it is that our batting that was to blame and the horrid catching. In English conditions - a spinner should only be selected on batting merit and Ashwin didn't bowl too badly in SA. We need to play Pandya as fifth bowler and obviously at 7 to bat. Our batting lineup should be

Vijay

Rahul

Pujara(to be replaced if he doesnt perform in warmup, maybe Nair)

Kohli

Rahane

WK

Pandya

Ashwin

Bhuvi/Yadav

Shami

Bumrah