Nasser Hussain Slams India, Says It's Looking Like "Men vs Boys" [Boycott joins in, comments added ]

Gollum

Just now, Sachinism said:

We nearly won the first test. We really should've won.

We got the worst of conditions in the second test, and we performed very poorly.

England are fragile as us, but they're playing at home, so they'll benefit from the friendly conditions. Still feel we can put a fight and possibly win a match.

People getting all dramatic and sheeet

Nasser is probably the most extreme of English pundits especially his OTT reactions wrt India. If India gave SA series pitches to Eng most of their batsmen would've avg single digits and all games could end well inside 3 days! The main reason why we're struggling this badly is how extreme the conditions have been, would England have won if they batted first under the lights, twice?

This same Nasser who after 1st Test predicted a close fought series with Eng edging it 3-2, :lol:

I think most predicted after 1st Test, India will struggle to win even 1 match with this batting lineup

We all expected a close contest...not chittar to this extent.
8 minutes ago, cric_fan said:

We were led to believe by some here that Ind have turned a corner after defeating SA in a dead rubber..

Under Kohli we have given bit of fight to the opposition but even if  England were bad I never expected the advantage was with us.As before these tours in 2011-2014 they dominated us our batting has been an issue in overseas conditions for a long time.The professionalism was missing your guys prepared well for the tour ours were happy with white ball cricket thinking they’ll be fine in Test matches.

Even for the Australian tour Aussies at their waekest are still having the advantage due to Starc/Cummins/Lyon/Josh being there.

1 minute ago, The Dark Horse said:

I know but that makes your argument only weaker..We are losing matches which we should have won. England we're crap in the first test but we didn't make yse if it..

I really have no idea what point you're trying to make.

All I'm saying the 'boys v men' and half the comments in the thread are dramatic.

How do I contradict my point?

44 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

I know but that makes your argument only weaker..We are losing matches which we should have won. England we're crap in the first test but we didn't make yse if it..

England were not crap in the first test.  They also got first innings lead.  Its conditions that dictate the game most of the times.

Arrogant & complacent visitors deserve getting kicked up their backsides, says Geoffrey Boycott

Quotes:

• So far, the Indian players have let themselves and their supporters down.
  • The batting has been so naive and irresponsible, it has bordered on stupidity. Wafting drives at tempting outswingers is thoughtless.
  • Trying to work straight outswingers through midwicket and then being surprised when you get bowled or nick it to the slips is brainless.Playing the ball on the up in front of your pad is a no-no. These are elementary things you do not do against any decent swing bowler in English conditions.
  • They have not sat down, talked or practised in the nets and got their heads around how they are going to bat differently in England. India have come to England complacently and arrogantly thinking they can bat the same way and everything will be OK on the day. Well, it will not. Any time you do not plan and work at your cricket, the game will kick you up the backside, and India deserve the thrashing they are getting.
  • Great teams and great players should not buckle as easily as India did at Lord's just because the ball swings and seams. The whole point of playing cricket in different countries on different pitches and in different climatic conditions is to test your technique, character and ability to adapt.
  • I accept they have been unlucky with overcast, cloudy conditions and rain around that have put them at a disadvantage. But come on, you can, and need, to do better.
  • These guys are used to batting on flat, dry, non-bouncing pitches in India and plundering easy runs. The new ball does not do much and the shine does not last long. Batsmen are king and can play lots of shots straight away.
  • India have to quickly show some mental strength and discipline otherwise the England test series will be an embarrassing 5-0 thrashing.
  • Watching the number 1 side play so miserably makes test cricket look ridiculous. 
  • Do not expect it to get any easier at Trent Bridge, because that is where Anderson excels. His bowling figures are exceptional in Nottingham and Stuart Broad will be up for the challenge with his home crowd behind him.

LINK

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Arrogant & complacent visitors deserve getting kicked up their backsides, says Geoffrey Boycott

Quotes:

• So far, the Indian players have let themselves and their supporters down.
  • The batting has been so naive and irresponsible, it has bordered on stupidity. Wafting drives at tempting outswingers is thoughtless.
  • Trying to work straight outswingers through midwicket and then being surprised when you get bowled or nick it to the slips is brainless.Playing the ball on the up in front of your pad is a no-no. These are elementary things you do not do against any decent swing bowler in English conditions.
  • They have not sat down, talked or practised in the nets and got their heads around how they are going to bat differently in England. India have come to England complacently and arrogantly thinking they can bat the same way and everything will be OK on the day. Well, it will not. Any time you do not plan and work at your cricket, the game will kick you up the backside, and India deserve the thrashing they are getting.
  • Great teams and great players should not buckle as easily as India did at Lord's just because the ball swings and seams. The whole point of playing cricket in different countries on different pitches and in different climatic conditions is to test your technique, character and ability to adapt.
  • I accept they have been unlucky with overcast, cloudy conditions and rain around that have put them at a disadvantage. But come on, you can, and need, to do better.
  • These guys are used to batting on flat, dry, non-bouncing pitches in India and plundering easy runs. The new ball does not do much and the shine does not last long. Batsmen are king and can play lots of shots straight away.
  • India have to quickly show some mental strength and discipline otherwise the England test series will be an embarrassing 5-0 thrashing.
  • Watching the number 1 side play so miserably makes test cricket look ridiculous. 
  • Do not expect it to get any easier at Trent Bridge, because that is where Anderson excels. His bowling figures are exceptional in Nottingham and Stuart Broad will be up for the challenge with his home crowd behind him.

LINK

:biggrin: told you 

Boycott has got most things spot on but his whining about Indian pitches makes no sense. When our batsmen score at home that's because the pitches are flat and when bowlers do well it is because they are impossible to bat on. He isn't alone, most of the goras have a similar view point. Make up your minds you racist snobbish dick shits, which one is it...are our pitches flat or are they treacherous? Can't have it both ways to downplay Indian batters as well as bowlers. Look at the arrogance of these guys, if only  Dhawan hadn't dropped the Edgbaston test !!!!

If Indian (SC as extension) pitches are so easy to bat on why does Du Plessis average less than 10 in India and UAE? He is hailed as a modern day great by foreign press/cricketers in spite of being the poorest player of spin bowling in the current era yet someone like Hafeez gets slated for not doing well in SENA. Michael Clarke the home bully is an all conditions bat but Sehwag, Samaraweera and Mahela are HTBs. Can't understand the duplicity of these people. Ashwin's stats are more well rounded than Lillee's but one is over rated HTB while the other is the greatest fast bowler of all time. Did Boycott keep tabs on the recent SA-Lanka series (which was mercifully only a 2 test affair)? It is perfectly justified to criticize India's gutless show in England but not cool to have a rant about Indian conditions. Most of these old timers have that air of superiority from Imperial Cricket Council's days which is fine but they deserve to be called out for their bias. 

Edited by Gollum
Just now, Gollum said:

Boycott has got most things spot on but his whining about Indian pitches makes no sense. When our batsmen score at home that's because the pitches are flat and when bowlers do well it is because they are impossible to bat on. He isn't alone, most of the goras have a similar view point. Make up your minds you racist snobbish dick shits, which one is it...are our pitches flat or are they treacherous? Can't have it both ways to downplay Indian batters as well as bowlers. Look at the arrogance of these guys, if only  Dhawan hadn't dropped the Edgbaston test !!!!

They were flat when England toured, diabolical when SA did a year earlier. English commies are the last breed whose opinion I'll consider when it comes to batting in these (our) conditions. They would've cried bloody murder had we given 5 Bangla or SL style zipping turner to these cowards :yousuck:

2 hours ago, Sachinism said:

I really have no idea what point you're trying to make.

All I'm saying the 'boys v men' and half the comments in the thread are dramatic.

How do I contradict my point?

The team is making the same mistakes over and over again on overseas tours.

1. Poor slip catching.

2. Bad team selections.

3. Lack of practice.

Given all these, I don't see the comments by our ICF'ers as too dramatic. Most of it is justified IMO.