Kuldeep Yadav or Ravi Jadeja or Ravi Ashwin for Perth Test?

fineleg

Spinner for Perth?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Spinner for Perth?

• Kuldeep Yadav
    • Ravi Jadeja
    • Ravi Ashwin

Voted for Kuldeep but Ashwin is a contender too if the pitch is relatively green and considering left handers in Aus 11 .... Jadeja being a LAS option is not in consideration unless the pitch helps spinners considerably 

In short, final decision rests on the how the pitch is expected to behave 

11 minutes ago, zen said:

Voted for Kuldeep but Ashwin is a contender too if the pitch is relatively green and considering left handers in Aus 11 .... Jadeja being a LAS option is not in consideration unless the pitch helps spinners considerably

Jadeja brings the ball in to LHB.

But Kuldeep takes it away just like Ash does.

Ashwin did an excellent job. Can't believe how people are asking for his head.

He bowled a mammoth 87 overs at an incredible economy of 1.70 (vs Lyon's 2.90). Picked up 6 wickets@ 24.8. Made a crucial 25(76) in the first innings. What more can you ask from a spinner in Australia.

The reason he didn't pick more wickets than lyon is coz the Aussies played him with a lot more respect and never went after him.

10 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Ashwin did an excellent job. Can't believe how people are asking for his head.

He bowled a mammoth 87 overs at an incredible economy of 1.70 (vs Lyon's 2.90). Picked up 6 wickets@ 24.8. Made a crucial 25(76) in the first innings. What more can you ask from a spinner in Australia.

The reason he didn't pick more wickets than lyon is coz the Aussies played him with a lot more respect and never went after him.

The difference is lyon bowled to better batsmen of spin from India.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

No doubt, Lyon bowled well but, we gifted him few extra wickets because we chose to attack him instead of their seamers. 

Just like Hazelwood bowled better than Shami but ended up with fewer wickets. That's coz we tried to play him out and the Aussies singled out Shami to attack.

Edited by AuxiliA
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Also, you shouldn't discount the fact that Ashwin bowled a lot of overs with an excellent economy. It provided our seamers with enough rest and kept the pressure on. 

Edited by AuxiliA

Ash only.

Kuldeep wont be that tighter to provide rest to our pacers. Not guaranteed that he will pick 4-fers 5-fers either.

Ash did a fantastic job this test, bowling his heart out. Dissapointed a little on day 5 but still better.

Expect more from him in batting. He was comfortable against pacers, only lyon was troubling him.

Edited by SUMO

I am for all 3 of them to be played.Keep in mind Ashwin's record against left handers    and how he proved to be against their most

potent weapon Khwaja in this test.Kuldeep has always that 'surprise factor. Yes he was   not up to the mark in the rare oppertunities he got in ENG, but then ENG & AUS pitches in general are not similar  by any yardsticks  either.  Jadeja needs to play to boost the tail batting. And left hand bowlers can be handy in AUS .

Even if pitches are going to be ' faster in general'  moving forward, I think that reduces the chances of our batting top 6 improving their performance.That being the case it would be worth playing all 3.

Would drop  Ishant/Shami  & Rohit  for  Kuldeep & Jadeja 

Edited by rtmohanlal
14 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

I am for all 3 of them to be played.Keep in mind Ashwin's record against left handers    and how he proved to be against their most

potent weapon Khwaja in this test.Kuldeep has always that 'surprise factor. Yes he was   not up to the mark in the rare oppertunities he got in ENG, but then ENG & AUS pitches in general are not similar  by any yardsticks  either.  Jadeja needs to play to boost the tail batting. And left hand bowlers can be handy in AUS .

Even if pitches are going to be ' faster in general'  moving forward, I think that reduces the chances of our batting top 6 improving their performance.That being the case it would be worth playing all 3.

Would drop  Ishant/Shami  & Rohit  for  Kuldeep & Jadeja 

What the hell are you smoking? lol

10 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Why, what I said is not a practical option??

You can't drop Ishant or Shami and make a trundler spinner attack. Perth will still have pace even if not like the old times...

The intensity with which we bowled (accuracy and pace) was relentless. Playing 2 spinners and one less batsmen will make a defeat much more likely. We need to pack our batting but adjust it a little. 

I'd play Shaw, Rahul, Pujara, Kohli, Rahane, Vihari, Pant, Ashwin, Ishant, Shami, Bumrah

If Shaw isn't fit I would consider opening with Rohit because he still has lots of experience in this role and success - even if it's a different format. Vijay looks finished and Rahul is not really in nick. I would prefer to play Kuldeep over Ashwin but he can't bat which lengthens our tail even more than it is. Ashwin was crap on day 5 and I think he will be dismantled in a key match to come. I haven't forgotten his pathetic role in England and being out bowled by Moeen. Jaddu is my fav as he does a bit of everything which is what you need from a spinner on pitches abroad but Aussies have a lot of lefties so the role is not in his favour.

Edited by ViruDilSeKhelo