Manikarnika - The Queen Of Jhansi | Official Trailer | Kangana Ranaut

Texy

1 minute ago, Trichromatic said:

She was 14 when she got married. 

First son was born when she was 23.

Died at age of 29.

In trailer she looks like that she got married at age of 25 and fought till age of 35.

yeah u r gonna have problems with 14 year old married girl as being used as an example as main character. 
Even in game of thrones, in the books, the author sticks to medieval age-lines, as in Rob is 14 when getting married, Sansa is 12 or so, etc. But they made all the actors seem like late teens/early 20s. Comes with modern value sets. 

6 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

yeah u r gonna have problems with 14 year old married girl as being used as an example as main character. 
 Even in game of thrones, in the books, the author sticks to medieval age-lines, as in Rob is 14 when getting married, Sansa is 12 or so, etc. But they made all the actors seem like late teens/early 20s. Comes with modern value sets. 

Yup, somehow bollywood movies tend to paint everything like modern images. 

Don't like when they do so. How hard is it show it as close as possible? They created Jodha Akbar and casted Hrithik Roshan to play a guy who was apperently short, got injured in one eye. But they have to show him as tall, handsome hunk king. 

Anyone reading story of Laxmibai can tell that she was talented from young age and that was her most striking feature. Here they have made her a mid 20s fighter and later part a mid 30s woman fighting for her kingdom,

Just now, Trichromatic said:

Don't like when they do so. How hard is it show it as close as possible? They created Jodha Akbar and casted Hrithik Roshan to play a guy who was apperently short, got injured in one eye. But they have to show him as tall, handsome hunk king. 

Anyone reading story of Laxmibai can tell that she was talented from young age and that was her most striking feature. Here they have made her a mid 20s fighter.

well dude, thats true for all film-making. Everyone is super-hot in every movie and event heir average uncles are like 'handsome uncles'. its visual media and prettier = more $$. 
Same with Cleopatra movies. Every single history book that deals with Cleopatra's description ( and there are quite a few original ones- she is probably the best described historical person in terms of looks, after Alexander) calls her 'not pretty, not ugly but striking'. So maybe someone like Sarah Jessica Parker. But no, we get the prettiest actresses playing her. 

On 12/19/2018 at 9:36 AM, Trichromatic said:

Anyone reading story of Laxmibai can tell that she was talented from young age and that was her most striking feature. Here they have made her a mid 20s fighter and later part a mid 30s woman fighting for her kingdom,

its a film, not a documentary.

Ind movies need to add sophistication. Desh Bhakti is displayed by giving tons of lectures on screen, when it is something that should be taken from granted. Focus should be on action than words. People do not need to shout for e.g. that I will die for my country (or whatever) :dontknow:

15 hours ago, zen said:

Ind movies need to add sophistication. Desh Bhakti is displayed by giving tons of lectures on screen, when it is something that should be taken from granted. Focus should be on action than words. People do not need to shout for e.g. that I will die for my country (or whatever) :dontknow:

subtly is not adopted in terms of story tellers with Massy films as they to appeal large number of audience to cash in their investment back. If they dont appeal to huge audience they wont be able to recover their budgets 

Spoon feeding is still needed with a huge population of our audience 

12 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

subtly is not adopted in terms of story tellers with Massy films as they to appeal large number of audience to cash in their investment back. If they dont appeal to huge audience they wont be able to recover their budgets 

Spoon feeding is still needed with a huge population of our audience 

Yep. And it shows through with movies on everything. Like even reading 'obvious notes' or talking aloud really obvious conclusion nobody says out aloud on the phone when plotting coz heroes and villains in life or die are not 5 year olds playing minecraft...but so it goes :(

On 12/30/2018 at 2:56 AM, Muloghonto said:

Yep. And it shows through with movies on everything. Like even reading 'obvious notes' or talking aloud really obvious conclusion nobody says out aloud on the phone when plotting coz heroes and villains in life or die are not 5 year olds playing minecraft...but so it goes :(

It's reality. This is how they operate in wars.  Chanting slogans is very common in army in India which helps them evoke the feeling of patriotism and adrenaline rush. 

On 12/28/2018 at 10:42 PM, zen said:

No, nothing can be taken for granted. Chanting is just natural and real thing and movies just show that on screen. Patriotism cannot be taken for granted. Neither dying for country taken for granted. Why should one die for his country anyway?

On 12/28/2018 at 10:42 PM, zen said:

When people go into battle ,you don't walk into it like you are going to office.

You need the adrenaline rush and the jazba to walk into battle ,to kill and to be killed.

There is nothing natural about wars.

42 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

It's reality. This is how they operate in wars.  Chanting slogans is very common in army in India which helps them evoke the feeling of patriotism and adrenaline rush. 

i am not talking about chanting slogans. I am talking about spelling out the obvious plot-lines and actions for the audience in the way nobody does in real life - like saying 'oh so you think if i set-up my cheating wife on conference call without her knowing, the whole family will see what a bitch she is ?brilliant idea' sort of things after recieving the same advice basically.

10 hours ago, rkt.india said:

No, nothing can be taken for granted. Chanting is just natural and real thing and movies just show that on screen. Patriotism cannot be taken for granted. Neither dying for country taken for granted. Why should one die for his country anyway?

The point is about action being louder than words. Say for e.g.  an actor is driving a tank in a battle, you know he is supposed to fire and risks getting killed. Now if he is going to give lecture on deshbhakti, the scene could turn comical :dontknow: