England's likely WC squad looks scary

bowl_out

England could go with a squad that looks like this... All bases covered..  Each of the top 6 are potential match winners by themselves on their day, and have the ability to take the game away from the opposition in no time..

Easily England's best chance to win the WC at home.

Roy

Bairstow

Root 

Morgan

Stokes

Buttler

Ali

Willey

Archer

Plunkett

Rashid

Reserve : Hales, Billings, Woakes, Curran

Their batting is way better than our batting but i doubt they have as good bowler as ours. Kuldeep & Bumrah are like way ahead of anyone else in their squad. 

Batsman:

Rohit > Roy

Dhawan = Bairstow 

Kohli > Root

Morgan > Rayudu

Buttler > Dhoni

Stokes = Pandya

Bowlers:

Bumrah > Archer

Bhuvi = Willey

Shami > Plunkett

Kuldeep > Rashid 

Chahal = Ali (impact with both bat & bowl)

Edited by Nikola

Australia has better pace bowling than anyone else in the world but they don't have variety in their spin department.

Starc, Cummins, Hazlewood & Jhye Richardson will easily be best pace bowling attack for world cup but if they had Kuldeep & Chahal i think they would have been really hard to beat in worldcup. We have got perfect combination in bowling department for sure.

Edited by Nikola
36 minutes ago, Nikola said:

Their batting is way better than our batting but i doubt they have as good bowler as ours. Kuldeep & Bumrah are like way ahead of anyone else in their squad. 

Our WC hopes hinge on RohKol, KulCha and BumSham.... to an extent PanDha  :laugh:

Most of the others are passengers.

Edited by bowl_out

They are a scary ODI team. Series wins in Aus, NZ, SL, winning everything at home. 

Their big problem is choking at the big stage like they did in 2013 CT final vs us or 2017 CT semis vs Pak. Other issue/distraction they will face is Ashes obsession. Amount of time English experts talk about Ashes which is 6 months away is nauseating. Surely players will feel it even more, especially the all rounders - Bairstow, Buttler, Moeen, Stokes.

Last two wcs have been won by two overwhelming favourites at home

Lets see if England can match the hype around them by translating it on the ground which is worth the hype

They will certainly feature the finals 

Who will be their opponents that is this wc is all about

Archer is an exciting talent,but this will be the first time he will feature in a national xi

Archer has not even made debut yet. We'll only know when they play him against Pak. I doubt they'll debut him directly in WC.

Let's see how this WI series plays out. I, for one, am looking forward to that more than any other series right now. WI are gonna surprise the pundits lol, they are under everyone's radar. They ran us close in India with a win and a tie. I don't think SA will be making the semis.

Just now, bahubali said:

India been also choking lately. 14 T20 WC final, wc15 SF, 16 T20 WC final, mother of all ct17 final. So we should be more worried abt us.

Indian team is still far more mentally strong then them plus we have high quality players an X-factor player as compare to most of their hacks who will surrender when the going gets tough. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Indian team is still far more mentally strong then them plus we have high quality players an X-factor player as compare to most of their hacks who will surrender when the going gets tough. 

All I know is post 13 CT we are the side who is choking more. What happened before 13 has no relevance now. As after 13 barring one or two players most of the team are same.