Why left wing people consider themselves as intellectuals ???

velu

:hmmmm2:

Probably most of the dumbest people i have ever come across are these so called left leaning intellectuals . 

Last week met few guys in one shady pub , and all are close to 30 or 30+ guys/aunties studying something like " MA Social Work in Livelihoods and Social Entrepreneurship "  ( this i copy pasted from their FB profile ) ..  :lol:

28722d5eda2800e56a126c18c7ee8fc8ffdf6165

They tend to be insecure people who are desperate for attention and give themselves such a label to make themselves feel smarter than they are. Ask them for evidence for what they are saying and they will make all sorts of excuses for why they won't give it or will ask you to prove them wrong.

They are the physical embodiments of the Dunning-Kruger effect 

MA in gender studies or MA in 20th century European impressionist art are right now marching on streets for their student loans to be forgiven. I remember going to school with these *s. They Just write a couple of essays a week and then sex, booze and blaze on the streets for the rest of the week while my ass would be hauled up in a library reading science books 24/7 while periodically staring outside at the blue sky To remind myself that im still human.

Screw these people. Your degree is worth nothing. Just wearing a jhola and screeching like a banshee at jantar mantar doesn’t make you an intellectual. It makes you an educated bhikhari!

It is fashionable to claim that left wing academics are mostly the ones studying "useless" things like sociology or gender studies.

However at least in USA, it is a well documented fact that vast majority of scientists (hard sciences) lean left (~80%)

http://www.people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

Edited by punjabi_khota

6 hours ago, velu said:

Probably most of the dumbest people i have ever come across are these so called left leaning intellectuals . 

Last week met few guys in one shady pub , and all are close to 30 or 30+ guys/aunties studying something like " MA Social Work in Livelihoods and Social Entrepreneurship "  ( this i copy pasted from their FB profile ) ..  :lol:

The premise of your thread is based on a few people you met in a shady pub???

Very scientific way to draw broad based conclusions!! :cool: 

Edited by Mariyam

10 minutes ago, punjabi_khota said:

It is fashionable to claim that left wing academics are mostly the ones studying "useless" things like sociology or gender studies.

However at least in USA, it is a well documented fact that vast majority of scientists (hard sciences) lean left (~80%)

http://www.people-press.org/2009/07/09/section-4-scientists-politics-and-religion/

Left wing of US is nowhere near left wing of India. Indian left is moderate to extreme commie territory.

Edited by Clarke

3 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Does studying arts drift some people away from reality, like they come up with those retarded paintings ? That could explain a bit.

Are you being sarcastic?

Learning Java/Python, in your opinion, is grounded in social reality? Or learning how a transformer works brings you closer to reality?

21 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The premise of your thread is based on a few people you met in a shady pub???

Very scientific way to draw broad based conclusions!! :cool: 

applied simple pythagoras theorem :dontknow: 

whats your qualification degree for your B.L , BA in medival history ? :hmmm::cantstop: 

if i had told my father that i want to do B.A in ancient history , most probably he might have killed myself :fear: 

7 hours ago, velu said:

28722d5eda2800e56a126c18c7ee8fc8ffdf6165

The ultra-left wing liberals are the biggest morons. How they talk and walk at the same time is a mystery. At least in India it isn't as bad as places like the U.S

16 minutes ago, velu said:

applied simple pythagoras theorem :dontknow: 

whats your qualification degree for your B.L , BA in medival history ? :hmmm::cantstop: 

if i had told my father that i want to do B.A in ancient history , most probably he might have killed myself :fear: 

BL? Is that Veluspeak for before law? For B.L, I did a BA in Economics with a minor in English Literature. Best combination ever. :cool: 

12 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

The general notion on this thread is: Those who study arts = leftists.

You people couldn't be further away from the truth.

nope .. i meant those useless degrees .. more than that i dont see any practical reason for doing masters other than going to collage for 2/3 days a week just for  timepass