Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TNAmarkFromIndia

There needs to be an annual 3-match ODI series between a full-strength India and India 'A'

Recommended Posts

Agree

 Make it 5 match series.. identify the core 22 with replacement for every player .. establish a pool of 30 and give them all a central contract..and all 22 of these players should have played at least 15 ODis each before next WC. Mandate rest for the regulars for every alternate series. Don't select team based on sponsors..

 

Easier said than done.. if it is all sponsors driven, let's just  watch IPL. No point being passionate about this team.wrong selections and lack of preparedness have killed us in SF..

Jadeja just saved shastri,kohli and dhoni PR. Else we could have seen large scale changes now. We lost the semifinal and also lost the urge to do some cleanup..

Share this post


Link to post

Agree but in Indian cricket anyone has a big enough heart to  show  door to these  expiry date hero’s  like Australian team management  who not even take 2 series  to  drop  arguably the word best batsman Ricky Ponting . 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, figo6762 said:

I would even put a series.... and play it outside india... Will probably get more crowd support than if its played in India... 

Good idea. Test them in foreign conditions too. Fans in India would not fill the stadium to see India face India 'A'. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, maniac said:

Whatever happened to the challenger trophy India vs India a vs India B. Used to be very exciting back in the day

Its substituted by a tournament called "IPL"

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2019 at 10:31 AM, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

12.jpg

 

Our bench strength needs to be tested every year to see where they stand compared to the senior team. Same way, the senior team needs to be tested every year to see if they're really the best choices to represent the country at the international level.

 

An India 'A' player who performs against the senior Indian team would make his name and immediately be in contention for a place in the senior side.

kohli and dhoni will not allow this to happen. especially since the latter is liable to get shown up by younger, fitter, hungrier, better players.

Edited by Vijy

Share this post


Link to post

Format needs to be fair. Let the selector pick their first 11 and then another set of selectors get the second 11. Then we can see the results. But no mixing of players. That dilutes the product.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Aint happening with such tight schedule.......we do have such games but big player take rest and rightly so with their schedule .

Simple solution would be to make this an important part of the calendar and schedule other international series around it. Like you would IPL or something. Considering it's 3 matches, the series will get over within a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

Simple solution would be to make this an important part of the calendar and schedule other international series around it. Like you would IPL or something. Considering it's 3 matches, the series will get over within a week.

Solution is to cut out crap series against lanka or poor sides but FTP for years is already set 

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Solution is to cut out crap series against lanka or poor sides but FTP for years is already set 

The FTP requires India to play them but it doesn't say it requires the best players to play all of them. Rest them for the last couple or so matches before the 'Challenger Series'. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TNAmarkFromIndia said:

The FTP requires India to play them but it doesn't say it requires the best players to play all of them. Rest them for the last couple or so matches before the 'Challenger Series'. 

So who will play if we are playing best player of country in India vs India A vs India B. 3 teams will have best of our players and remaining wud be what 4th side

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

So who will play if we are playing best player of country in India vs India A vs India B. 3 teams will have best of our players and remaining wud be what 4th side

This is not a novel concept. This was an annual thing in the past. I think Sreeshanth made a mark in one of these tournaments by dismissing Sachin and Sehwag for low scores back in the day with jaffas. I believe it was the challenger trophy. He was even sledging them :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, maniac said:

This is not a novel concept. This was an annual thing in the past. I think Sreeshanth made a mark in one of these tournaments by dismissing Sachin and Sehwag for low scores back in the day with jaffas. I believe it was the challenger trophy. He was even sledging them :laugh:

yup sreesanth n even piyush chawala when he got tendulkar with googly, uthappa to when he got a 100 in that challenger trophy 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, maniac said:

This is not a novel concept. This was an annual thing in the past. I think Sreeshanth made a mark in one of these tournaments by dismissing Sachin and Sehwag for low scores back in the day with jaffas. I believe it was the challenger trophy. He was even sledging them :laugh:

In all fairness Shreesanth was a very good bowler.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  
×
×
  • Create New...