The GOAT wins Laureus Sporting moment

Cricketics

The foundation launched the Laureus Sporting Moment 2000-2020 to public vote, which gave fans the opportunity to choose one of the winners of the prestigious Laureus World Sports Awards.

LINK :cantstop:

That's why he won it, no sane mind would call that WC triumph sporting moment of 2011, forget for 2 decades. Not the Indian sporting moment of the last 20 years either, that honour belongs to Abhinav Bindra no matter what opinion people have about his discipline...India's only individual Olympic gold medal. But our people are too nationalistic and don't have exposure to sports....automatically rules out other countries as well our own non-cricketers. 

If AMPAS carries a public vote along similar lines about movies, Kal Ho Na Ho will be the movie of 2000-20 and Karan Johar will go receive the award :dance:. Same with TV serials where Ekta Kapoor will go to the stage while Breaking Bad and Mad Men makers will be hilaoing somewhere in the crowd. 

@Laaloo tera trollvote aane wala hai, so take this twat :finger:

GOAT title makes me laugh, tics mazaak band kar yaar. How did Steve Waugh keep a straight face there :hysterical:

Edited by Gollum
2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

LINK

That's why he won it, no sane mind would call that WC triumph sporting moment of 2011, forget for 2 decades. Not the Indian sporting moment of the last 20 years either. But our people are too nationalistic and don't have exposure to non-cricket sports.

If AMPAS carries a public vote along similar lines about movies, Kal Ho Naa Ho will be the movie of 2000-20 and Karan Johar will go receive the award. Same with TV serials where Ekta Kapoor will go to the stage while Breaking Bad and Mad Men makers will be hilaoing somewhere in the crowd. 

Well you have to be nominated to get votes. Indian janta did not ask to nominate Tendulkar’s moment. The moment was so powerful hence it made it to the nominee list and rest was piece of cake for Tendulkar to win.  

28 minutes ago, Gollum said:

That's why he won it, no sane mind would call that WC triumph sporting moment of 2011, forget for 2 decades. Not the Indian sporting moment of the last 20 years either, that honour belongs to Abhinav Bindra no matter what opinion people have about his discipline...India's only individual Olympic gold medal. But our people are too nationalistic and don't have exposure to sports....automatically rules out other countries as well our own non-cricketers. 

If AMPAS carries a public vote along similar lines about movies, Kal Ho Na Ho will be the movie of 2000-20 and Karan Johar will go receive the award :dance:. Same with TV serials where Ekta Kapoor will go to the stage while Breaking Bad and Mad Men makers will be hilaoing somewhere in the crowd. 

GOAT title makes me laugh, tics mazaak band kar yaar. How did Steve Waugh keep a straight face there :hysterical:

GOAT ODI player. Numbers speak. When Kohli retires, I might call him. For now, he is the GOAT. Anyway, its just a cliche. I could not think of a better title to annoy some

random folks, thought GOAT might rile up some. :)

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

GOAT ODI player. Numbers speak. When Kohli retires, I might call him. For now, he is the GOAT. Anyway, its just a chliche, I could not think of a better title to annoy some

random folks, though GOAT might rile up some. :)

On second thoughts I can see the similarity with GOAT, both in whites and both doing what they do bestImage result for goat bending

Image result for sachin bowled

Both love Ferrari

Image result for goat ferrari

Who are these Laureus guys? This reminds me of the Miss World strategy back in 90s - trying to penetrate a booming market?

Anyway, am tired of this 'Cricket is a religion in India, and Tendulkar is God' s**t thrown around by white babalog and lapped up by our brown sahibs. No one ever called 'Soccer is religion of UK, with Beckham as God', or 'Michael Jordan, God of USA'. Tendulkar is a sporting icon in India, thats all. If anything, Bradman has been made into God of cricket by Anglo-Saxons, with the rest of the cricket playing world expected to worship him as greatest batsman of all time despite the fact that he almost exclusively played in just two countries - Australia and UK.  

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

*ing a God for a Nation or billion beating hearts who kept him in a pedestal and prayed to him, they looked at their drity brown skins and lived their dream through their God..:bumsmack: bla bla bla 

This making a player or an actor into gods is a disease in India. Once they are made into gods, anyone criticizing their god is a devil worshiper according to them and scam artists like that weasel boria muzumdar or whatever his name is will sell anything to fans in the name of their god. A lesser form of a god is hero worship. Thala as you know means leader and its attributed to Rajini and Dhoni. Rajini's fame came naturally but if you wanna nitpick he became a superstar to the 90s kids because of the "superstar yaarunu kaetta" song. Dhoni became thala due to :csk: 's PR team and media. They had to do it to be the face of CSK. Kids who are Dhoni fans or Virat fans go through the same feelings as Sachin's fans did in the 90s maybe a little lesser because Sachin was a better player and there was no one in that class in India when he played. Not the case with Dhoni or Virat.

Another poor attempt of making cricketers into gods for monetary purposes is by that fat cvnt boria who was trying to sell the book Eleven Gods and a Billion Indians: The On and Off the Field Story of Cricket in India and Beyond He co-authored Sachin's book. Nice choice because he speaks in the same squeaky tone as Sachin :phehe: I hope that book eleven gods was a total flop. If it wasn't, I will pray to Shiva to end this earth :rage:

Edited by Real McCoy
3 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

Bradman has been made into God of cricket by Anglo-Saxons

Always amusing to see that brought up, also the BS excuse that he was possibly the greatest "sportsman" ever because of the lead he had over his contemporaries. But hey don't bring up the likes of Dhyanchand, Pele, Margaret Court, Jahangir Khan to ruin their delusions :cantstop:

13 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Nah that moment when Nadal usurped Fedex to be the world no.1 & went on to be the winner at the Olympics is also very special, for all Fedex fans :two_thumbs_up:

I'm a fed fan but can appreciate ned because he is the one who beat fed in his peak. In any case their off court friendship is great for the game which was dominated by Hewitt's aussie loudmouth

7 minutes ago, Cricwala said:

Who are these Laureus guys? This reminds me of the Miss World strategy back in 90s - trying to penetrate a booming market?

Anyway, am tired of this 'Cricket is a religion in India, and Tendulkar is God' s**t thrown around by white babalog and lapped up by our brown sahibs. No one ever called 'Soccer is religion of UK, with Beckham as God', or 'Michael Jordan, God of USA'. Tendulkar is a sporting icon in India, thats all. If anything, Bradman has been made into God of cricket by Anglo-Saxons, with the rest of the cricket playing world expected to worship him as greatest batsman of all time despite the fact that he almost exclusively played in just two countries - Australia and UK.  

That's an interesting thought. Maybe because of the "christian" west doesn't believe in other gods (but still worship them anyway). The whole ad business runs off of Beckham, Jordan and Bradman is still widely respected according to many Aussies and English as well. They keep forgetting that Bradman was a poor administrator of ACB. It took the loud mouthed Chappell, the Ian variety to give a different opinion. Still Ian Chappell is not widely regarded as a cricketing icon by many Aussies of that era. How many fans buy Beckham shirts and Jordan sneakers. If that is not hero worship, I don't know what it is. Its the same thing everywhere no matter how they spin it. It just boils down to the hypocrisy of the anglo countries. Even in Pakistan, Imran's words are seen as a cure all of all socioeconomic ills that face the padosis and that Imran can do no wrong which is not the case. That was the reason he was elected as PM. Its only because of their religious beliefs that they don't call him god but give the same adulation that Sachin receives.

10 hours ago, Gollum said:

You don't consider Tendulkar GOAT? 

7 minutes ago, Stradlater said:

You don't consider Tendulkar GOAT? 

I don't think we have a GOAT in cricket. Maybe Bradman (or Sobers) but even that can be challenged. I consider Sachin among the top 10 greatest cricketers of all time. 

Not an indictment on him, just believe that very few sports can claim to have a GOAT. Additional complexity in cricket that we have so many disciplines and formats.